[v-webmail] Re: $HTTP_HOST

  • From: jrn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jim Norton)
  • To: v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:11:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all:

I've been running V-Webmail for a few months now with no troubles.
Until one day I did an update to my system ( running Suse Linux 8.1 ).
I believe the update brought in a newer version of PHP and Apache ( security
fixes ).

Now,  V-Webmail is broken.  It appears that the users can "login" but for
some reason they can "redirected" back to the login page instead of going
to the folder view page.

Now if I change my PHP register globals to Off then things seem to work
better.  However,  I never needed this Off before and in fact need it On
for another PHP app that I am using.

I install SqirellMail,  which does just about the same thing,  and it
works fine.  However,  my users prefer V-Webmail.

Does anybody know what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Jim