[v-webmail] Re: Enquiry on V-Webmail 1.5.0

  • From: John Pang <whoami1234_1234@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard Heyes <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:43:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Richard Heyes <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 1. Folder List - The listing of folders (on the
> left
> > plane or under search option, etc) appear to be
> not
> > sorted in any order. Is there anyway to display
> them
> > as sorted in alphabetical order?
>
> No. These are displayed as sent from the IMAP
> server, which is usually (ie
> with Cyrus and UW) alphabetical.

I see. It seems that for Courier-IMAP, the server
doesn't send the listings in Alphabetical order. Is
there any way to add in code on the client side such
that it get's sorted? I was trying out HORDE/IMP
previously and it could showing things sorted
correctly.

But unfortunately, HORDE/IMP is too bulky compared to
V-WebMail. :)

> > 2. Problematic Characters in Folder Names - I
> noticed
> > that when using characters such as "&" and ":" in
> my
> > folder names, while I am able to browse the list
> of
> > messages in the folder, I am not able to access
> the
> > messages and read their contents. V-Webmail will
> say
> > that the message is not found and at the same time
> > show a truncated or altered form of the folder
> name on
> > the message page.
>
> I'll release a fixed version within a few days
> (probably today), as I
> thought I'd rectified this, but I hadn't.

Thanks,