[v-webmail] Enquiry on V-Webmail 1.5.0

  • From: John Pang <whoami1234_1234@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 06:48:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed v-webmail-1.5.0.tar on
my RHL8.0 box running PHP 4.3.1 and Sendmail 8.12.9
with Courier-IMAP and Apache 2.0.45 .

V-Webmail appears to be working fine on my system
except for the following issues:

1. Folder List - The listing of folders (on the left
plane or under search option, etc) appear to be not
sorted in any order. Is there anyway to display them
as sorted in alphabetical order?

2. Problematic Characters in Folder Names - I noticed
that when using characters such as "&" and ":" in my
folder names, while I am able to browse the list of
messages in the folder, I am not able to access the
messages and read their contents. V-Webmail will say
that the message is not found and at the same time
show a truncated or altered form of the folder name on
the message page.

Does anyone know how to solve these problems? Are
these caused by my V-Webmail config or is it something
within the program itself? MSOE had no such problems
though.

Thanks for reading my messages and have a nice day,