<US>Pentecost Novena Begins Tomorrow!

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:38:32 -0500

.=:  U S U A L    S U S P E C T S  :=.
      from Father Pat Umberger

"Round up the usual suspects"  ~"Casablanca," the movie

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007

I'm leading a wonderful new Pilgrimage to the Holy Land this November.
Now's a great time to learn more and get signed up!  We'll visit all of the
most wonderful sites in the Holy Land.  We'll Celebrate Mass daily too, stay
in great hotels (only two this year, including a spa hotel right on the Sea
of Galilee).  Departures are from Minneapolis (MSP - $2599) or New York (JFK
- $2499). I promise that you'll never read or hear Scripture the same again
once you've visited the land where Jesus walked!  We'll renew Baptismal
Promises at the Sea of Galilee and Marriage Vows at Cana.  We'll pray at
Cana too, for spouses that may have died. We'll return with memories and
inspiration that will last a lifetime!

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.

PENTECOST NOVENA BEGINS TOMORROW!
A novena is made up of nine days of prayers for a special cause.  The Novena
in honor of the Holy Spirit is the most ancient of all Novenas.  It was the
first one ever prayed.  It recalls the period of nine days where Jesus sent
his apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit at
Pentecost. This wonderful Novena is addressed to the Holy Spirit and can be
a powerful way for us to prepare to receive the light, strength and courage
we need.

So, let's pray this wonderful Novena, beginning on the Friday after
Ascension Thursday, this year on the 18th of May, even when, like this year
in the United States, the celebration of Holy Thursday is transferred to the
next Sunday.  Come Holy Spirit, Come!

M A Y
Mother's Day  ::  Mary's Month

Learn more about what we believe about Mary as Catholics.  It's a great
refresher for Catholics and it can be a great awakening for those who are a
bit suspicious about what we think of Mary.  Just click the link from:

       www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R    P A T
No "Phishing!"

It's another scam, called Phishing.  All these folks need is a bite or two
and they can become very wealthy, at the expense of you, the "Phish!"  They
send a e-mail saying somebody has been trying to access your account or give
another reason.  They ask you to log into their Web Site and give bank
information, Social Security numbers, passwords, etc.  If you click on the
link they send, which you SHOULDN'T do, you'll see that you're at a
different Site altogether.  It will look exactly like their site though. If
you submit the information you've given them all the tools they'll need to
steal your identity, wreck your credit rating and steal your money.
Financial institutions don't use e-mail to get information from you.  If
you're in doubt, call them, or log into your account they way you normally
do.  But "don't" click on that link sent by the Phishers!

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Father Pat

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site
Sponsor a Child!

May God Bless you and those you love, and keep you safe,

Father Pat

www.frpat.com
www.cmonback.com
www.frpat.com/fatima_interested.htm

U S U A L    S U S P E C T S

These are called ?Usual Suspects? posts.  In the movie ?Casablanca? when there
was a problem the police chief said, ?Round up the usual suspects.?  When
forwarding inspiring e-mails I found I was sending them to the same people over
and over again.  The ?Casablanca? quote came to mind and the mail-list took on
the name ?Usual Suspects.?

The <US>Usual Suspects Group began as a separate e-mail list with..  A post or
two are sent each week, consisting of inspirational and humorous Stories and
anecdotes forwarded to me by our members.

Posts to this group are not intended to offend, hurt or discriminate against
anybody. They come from different theologies and points of view that aren't
necessarily Father Pat's, Catholic, or that of Father Pat's Diocese or the
parish he serves. Some are humorous, others inspirational, most are both. They
are simply food for thought, prayer, enjoyment and good conversation. If you
don't wish to receive them, please unsubscribe. It is not our intent to pass on
copyrighted material. Many of the posts we receive don't quote a source, so we
can't be absolutely sure. We ask our members *not* to submit copyrighted
material.

Stories for possible Usual Suspects inclusion should
be submitted at our Web Site.

   http://frpat.com/stories.htm

Please do not submit copyrighted material.

Subscribe/Unsubscribe right here:

   www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm#us

You can also set Vacation Mode there.

Forward this e-mail freely to family members and friends.
Encourage them to subscribe as well!

Why not join our Morning Prayer or This Weekend List.  Full details are here:

       www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm