[USS Tempest] Sarah and Alex - by Ensign Sarah Lewis

  • From: Claire Priest <lt.commanderkip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usstempest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:11:52 +0100

*Sarah and Alex *
*by*
*Ensign Sarah Lewis*
 "Alex?" she asked dreamily, "do you love me?"
 "You know I do my love," came the reply. "You are the world to me."
 "Why didn't we work this out sooner?"
 "Not sure my love, the fates have a strange way of playing with our lives."
 Sarah and Alex, what a pair they made. Both of them head over heels about
each other for ages and neither prepared to tell the other for fear of
rejection. Only now, when Sarah was due to leave for her first assignment,
did they find out that they felt the same way about each other.
 "I'm going to miss you so much," Sarah sighed at Alex.
 "Not half as much as I'm going to miss you, you cheeky minx!" There was a
devilish sparkle in his storm grey eyes. He moved in closer to her and
planted a soft kiss on her lips. She responded in kind knowing that in her
whole life she had never felt this close to someone.
 "When do you have to leave for DS9 Sarah?"
 "In a few hours my love, why?"
 "I have just been told that with all the brass that will be there that I am
needed too so we can travel together."
 Alex had joined Starfleet much later in life so at his tender age of 46, he
was at Lieutenant rank, one of only a few his age. Sarah knew it bothered
him sometimes that his fellow officers were all so much younger, still her
heart lept at the news.
 "You've been given given a new assignment?"
 "Not yet, I have to report to Admiral Fishler when I reach the station to
get my orders."
 "Well I know I'm assigned to the new ship, the USS Tempest, but I'm not yet
sure where we are going. I know I have to try and find Lieutenant Commander
Robinson when i get there as he will be my immediate boss as well as
reporting to Captain Craig."
 "Well let's just enjoy what time we have left before we start the long haul
to DS9 my love." With that he held Sarah in a warm embrace and kissed her
again.
 This time Sarah pushed him off, gave him a devilish grin and pulled him
towards the bedroom.