<USS Meridian> The gift. (( A pre blackout log.))

  • From: "Charles Singleterry" <Razerwolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "USS MERIDIAN" <ussmeridian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:36:05 -0600

The gift

By Lt.jg.Kailani Kai

And

Lieutenant Mortok

Mortok stepped into his quarters after serving on the bridge. He immediately
went and changed into a klingon uniform. After he changed he walked out and
grabbed his bat'leth and started doing some exercises to keep in top shape. He
swung it in an artful way kinda like a dance.

Kailani was feeling a bit stressed about work and decided to head over to
Mortok's quarters.  She needed to just see him and be near him.  Walking into
his main room, she leaned against the wall and watched him work out.

Mortok noticing the door opening and seeing Kai walk in stopped and looked at
her. "Nuqneh Kailani. How are you today?" He asked as he laid the bat'leth back
on its pedestal.

"Nuqneh Mortok.  I'm a bit stressed but well.  How are you?" she asked as she
moved forward and light tugged on his earlobe before giving him a hug.

Mortok returned the hug and held her close. He did not like to hear she was
stressed." What has got you stressed my love?" He asked hoping there was
something he could do to help.

Shrugging she moved to his couch and sat down.  "Just work, regular stuff like
that nothing big."  Her shoes slipped off her feet before she pulled them onto
the couch to sit Indian style.

"Well that's good to hear. Would you like a drink?" He asked as he moved to the
replicator.

"Hmm, surprise me."  Kailani stretched her arms over her head and felt her body
relax.

As Mortok approached the replicator he asked for to cups of Ke'dova. When the
cup materialized he grabbed them and walked over and handed Kai one of the
cups.  "I hope you like it. It's a klingon tea. Careful it's hot." He stated
before taking a sip.

Sipping it slowly, the warm liquid felt wonderful doing her throat.  "I like it
very much."  Drinking some more, she looked up at him.  "How are you doing?
You haven't said much."

"I am fine. I am just concerned about the wedding is all" He said as he sat
next to Kai. He took another sip and looked at her. "I know my father will be
here and I am unsure what he expects.'

She slid her hand in his and looked up at him.  "Why not ask your father what
he expects or ask your mother what she thinks he will expect?"

"It is not out way. I will just have to wait and see. I am sure he will tell me
when it is time." He said taking her hand. "My mother would not answer and my
father would say what he always says."

Kailani made him move forward on the couch some, so that she could sit behind
him, her legs on either side of his body.  "What does he always say?" she
asked, as her hands began to massage out the tenseness in his muscles.

"'Why do you always question tradition?' When I was a kid he always said I
asked more questions then a targ." He said as she rubbed his body.

"I'm sorry," she said, leaning forward to place a small kiss on his ear.  "With
my family and where I come from, we still up hold some of the old Hawaiian
traditions as well, but I was taught to always question everything."  Kailani
grew silent for a moment, while her hands continued to sooth Mortok's tense
muscles.  "I have an idea.  Why don't I call your mother and talk to her, maybe
she will let me know what your father is expecting.  That way, we will both
know and it's about time I spoke with your mother about the wedding.  What do
you think?"

"If you would like I can arrange you speaking with my mother. I am not sure
what she will say." He said as they sat there. "Would you like to speak with
her now?" He finished as he turned to face Kai.

"Hmm, no, not right now, maybe tomorrow."  She leaned forward and bit his lower
lip lightly.  "Right now I just want to enjoy your company."  Kailani smiled at
him.

Mortok seeing she was wanting to play leaned over and playfully nipped at her
ear. "You are so beautiful. I have something I want to show you." He spoke into
her ear as he nipped at her ear.  Mortok stood and gestured for her to follow.
"Please come." He said as he walked toward the other room.

Smiling at his back, she followed him into the other room, trying her hardest
not to be as mischievous as she wanted to be.  "What is it you want to show me?"

"You will see." He said as he stepped by his closet. Mortok reached into it and
pulled out a black case about 6 feet long. "I want you to have this." He said
as he laid it down on the bed. "Please open it."

Raising her eyebrow at him slightly, she turned to the bed and opened the case
up.

The case contained a Bat'leth covered in klingon words and symbols. "It is the
one my Grandfather first gave me. He said it would always bring me honor and I
believe he was correct in saying that. I want you to have it. May it always
bring you honor." He said as he looked at her.

"Oh Mortok it is beautiful but are you sure you want to give this to me, it
must have such value to you."  Kailani was deeply touched by this gift but she
felt bad to be taking something so sacred away from Mortok.

"Yes my love. I am sure. It means a lot to me. It was the first one I ever
received; my grandfather first gave it to me when I was a boy. Now I pass it on
to you.  Please take it. I know my grandfather would be honored for you to have
it and as am I." He spoke as he stood beside her.

Kailani wrapped her arms around his neck and looked up at him.  "I am honored
to have it and you," she said before pulling his head down to hers for a quick
kiss.  "You will of course need to teach me how to use it."

"It will be my honor. I will have you taking on the best of them in no time."
Mortok smiled while speaking. "Would you like something to eat or drink?"  He
said before lifting her off the ground and kissing her passionately.

Before she could tell him that she could already take out the best of them, his
lips were on hers.  Kailani decided to see how far she could go, so she let out
a low growl then bit his lower lip harder then she had any other time.

Feeling the bite and hearing the growl Mortok held her and returned the growl.
As he growled he laid her on the bed and started kissing down her neck.  He
laid there kissing and nibbling on her neck and ears.

Kai returned every bite and kiss with just as much ferocity as Mortok.  Moving
her leg slightly, she kicked off the case holding her gift from Mortok and it
went flying to the floor.  Not wanting to end their kisses but feeling as
though she might be showing disrespect for kicking the Bat'leth on the floor,
Kailani worked to disentangle herself from her lover so she could pick up her
wonderful gift and place it back in its case.

"It will not break." He said with a little laugh and grabbed her and kissed her.

With a light laugh she kissed him back.  "I didn't think it would, I just did
not want to show any disrespect to you or your family."  She lay on the bed
next to him and ran her fingers through his hair, lightly tugging on it.  "What
do the symbols mean on the blade?" she asked after she had kissed him again.

Mortok grinned loving that she really wanted to know all about him. "The words
say to Sto'vo'kor with honor-Beware anyone that should challenge my path." He
said as he sat up holding Kai's hand. He leaned over and picked the Bat'leth up
and he held it up. "The symbols are our house crest and the sign of my birth."
He said looking at Kai.

"I love it and I love you," she said, looking from the Bat'leth over to Mortok.
 "Thank you."  She slipped her one arm around his waist and pinched him
slightly.

Mortok leaned over slightly from the pinch. "I am glad you like it, warms my
heart to know that." Mortok said as he laid the Bat'leth back in its case.  "I
have another question I wish to ask you. But I am unsure if I should." He said
turning to face her.

Kailani became slightly confused; she had thought that they had a very open
relationship, where neither of them could really be unsure of anything.  She
didn't want Mortok to ever feel unsure or uncomfortable with her.  "Please ask
it," she said, stopping her attempts to flirt or play with him.

Mortok looked her in the eyes and took a deep breath. "Stay with me. And I
don't mean just for tonight. I mean always. It is tearing me apart to be away
from you. I can't stand it any longer." Mortok said with a real serious look.

"I am going to be staying with you, I'm marrying you," she said, a bit confused
still.

Mortok tried to get the word right. This was a new thing to him and he wasn't
sure how to word it. "Would you like to move in tonight?" He asked still
Looking in her eyes.

A smile broke out on her face, "I would love to move in with you."  She climbed
into his lap and kissed him hard on the lips.

Hearing her say she would bring a sense of joy to Mortok's heart. In this
moment and he would prob. cry if he had tear ducts. So instead he held her
close and returned her kiss.