<USS Meridian> Into the darkness

  • From: ElRiovtrIdrys@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussmeridian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:34:51 EST

    The USS Meridian had been struck by an energy wave and now a second one,
made up of almost pure tachyon particles, was rapidly approaching the ship and
was going to intercept them in only a short while. A distress call had been
received from the IKC Ka'Cha and Captain Pierce had ordered the Meridian to
turn around and attempt to render assistance. They soon found that doing so was
harder than expected because HoD Larg was a very stubborn and prideful man,
insisting on maintaining his honor even if it meant certain death.

    Lieutenant Commander Giya Idrys wished the situation were a lot more
pleasant. Not only was this a sticky situation and he didn't like it when they
had
to practically crash people over the head in order to make them see reason,
but the contrast couldn't have been starker than the time he'd been spending
with his Imzadi, Lieutenant Syd Morgan. Their time together on the ship's
holodeck and their subsequent trip to Skyler Prime, a world that seemed to be
the
answer to the aching heart of every romantic, the fulfillment of every fantasy,
was pure bliss, seemingly unending romance of the sort that truly made even
the most hardened and cynical person believe in happy endings.

    But, now ... were they headed, all of them, towards a violent end? So
many ships and their crews had met unfortunate fates and there was no guarantee
that even the Meridian could somehow avoid that. If they didn't manage to get
out of there quickly, all would end in flames and ashes, their atoms dispersed
to the vastness of cold space. 'Tis a consummation devoutly not to be desired,
thought Idrys.

    They had taken to messaging one another frantically as the minutes ticked
by and had decided that they were going to share quarters with one another.
At least, Idrys made that offer and Syd had accepted just before the first wave
had hit them. Ziredac had sent out a couple of probes toward the new, larger
wave, but each had malfunctioned and the second one had gone off the sensors,
indicating a great deal of trouble ahead.

    The wave was coming up on them quickly and finally Mortok used all his
influence so as to convince HoD Larg to have himself and his crew beamed on
board. But warp was offline and all that was left was impulse power.

    Syd messaged Idrys, "Always remember how I feel no matter what happens
..." He typed back, "I shall never forget ... and the same goes for me, my
love." She responded, "See you on the other side, I will be waiting for you on
Skyler Prime." He smiled and replied, "I'll wait for you there too. ..." And,
with
less than a minute before the wave impacted, he sent a last message, "Our
love's forever, two souls entwined, no matter what, among the stars enshrined."

    And it hit the ship and people were suddenly uprooted from wherever they
were and flung across the place. Idrys saw the main viewscreen coming up in
front of him and then everything went black for a few moments. When he awoke
the
Bridge was eerily quiet and there were no lights. He heard Mortok's voice but
there was one voice he needed to hear ... a voice he did not hear ... Syd's.
He dragged himself over to where she was and began calling her name.

    No response.

    He heard mutterings of people around him. Mortok. Pierce. Ffej. Ziredac.

    But he didn't hear Syd's voice.

    He felt her head and recoiled inside.

    No ... no, Imzadi, please, no ...

    ... wake up! ...

    TBC

    Lieutenant Commander Giya "Jaws" Idrys
    Executive Officer, USS Meridian NCC-80466
    Captain Kyle Pierce, Commanding Officer
    Celestial Prime Alliance Sim group
    Admiral Gem Rhee, Founder / Commander-in-Chief