<USS Meridian> A Letter Home

  • From: "eddie rowlett" <symposes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussmeridian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:17:25 -0800

A Letter Home

By

Ensign Sam Donnerjack

Dear Insa'lari,

I know it has been three years since my last letter, but I felt I should write
and let you know how things are for me. Having been out of Starfleet Academy
for a little under a year now, I have been assigned to the USS Meridian.

I feel I should tell you by now, that when I joined Starfleet, I assumed the
name Sam Donnerjack, mainly so father couldn't find me. I didn't need him
hunting me down, and dragging me back home.  I already have enough trouble with
him.

I have had many adventures since I was assigned to the Meridian, from the Borg,
to corrupt politicians. My fellow crewmembers are like a second family for me,
and I have not been lonely since my arrival on the Meridian, Even though I have
missed you.

I have some news, even father may not like, as I have followed my dreams and
become an Engineer. I know he wanted me to be a stronger warrior like himself,
but fighting was always boring for me, but creating things with my hands, and
other such things, bring me such joy. Just the other day, I saved the life of
every member of the crew. All in a days work though, especially for an
Engineer.

I have never realized how much strife and suffering there was in this universe,
until I could see it all. It is horrible. It seems like every other mission has
us either: fighting off someone who wants to rule something or someone, or
stopping somone's plans to make a deadly and scary weapon of mass destruction.
However, I feel that I am helping to bring peace to the universe, one planet at
a time.

On an upside even father may appreciate, I showed my true warrior spirit not to
long ago, and resisted an evil madman's attempt at torture, but alas I wont
have any scars to show for it.

Tell everyone I'm doing well and look forward to the day when I can come home,
and see everyone again.

Your loving son,

Is'leian

---