<USS Eagle> Sim log/recap 070530

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 11:17:52 -0400

http://www.starfleetphoenix.com/eagle.html

NOTES:

I will be sending a log out after this to set up the Eagle's status during this week.  I hope you all take advantage and add to the story.

Sim Recap:
"State if Readiness"
Officers present: Commodore Fyrstk, Commander Marqusa, Lt. Commanders Haas, Lost & Dr. Hamza, Lt. Matsu, Dr. Melody, A-Ensign Fyrstk
Officers absent: Lt. Fox
NPCs used: Lt. Soren (Marqusa), Muerta (Lost) & Vanik (Haas), Crewman McCoy (Fyrstk), Cadet Wren (Lost)
Stardate 60729.22 (09/24/2383, 04:00 hours)

With repairs to the ship almost complete, it is now up to the science department to come up with a way to battle the Orion weapon.  The crew, having worked around the clock with only 4 hour rests, is starting to show their weariness.  Crewmen get careless and get injured.  Even the XO shows signs of weariness by getting into a heavy discussion over possible addiction by tea.

End recap

CommoLukasFyrstk: ATTENTION ON DECK
gwenmarqusa: ::AA::
RomnHaas: ::AA::
T L Lost: ::AA::
Malachi Styles: >>AA>>
ltyoshikomatsu: ::AA::
ltjgmelody: ::AA::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Captain's Log, Stardate 60729.22 (09/24/2383, 04:00 hours)
*** ltteboktrkhev has joined the chat.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Ah have kept all shifts working on our dilemma, and it seems
we are pretty much back in shape.
CommoLukasFyrstk: The crews were all given four our breaks on rotation but Ah
know they are beat.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Once Ah am sure we can handle the Orahons, should they show
again, we will return to the research station.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::glances around the bridge.::
ltjgmelody: CNS>::Sitting in the councelors chair.::
T L Lost: <HPW>::dealing with all the coordination at Ops station::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::trying to fight the tiredness he feels working on the
surge protector theory::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Helping Mal with the problem of the surge protector.::
gwenmarqusa: <xo>::reading over the multitude of reports::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> ::just returning to his station after being on break::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Walks over to a replicator and brings back two cups of
warm tea.:: Drink this Malsan. It will help.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::takes the ofered cup::  Thank you, sir.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [XO]  Any stations reporting not ready?
gwenmarqusa: <xo>[co] Everything is workable, nothings at 100%
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Nods::  Ah expected as much.
gwenmarqusa: <xo>::nods:: Engineering was hit the worst
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::rises and walks over to the science area.:: [CSCI, SCI]
How are we making out?
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Malsan what if we did the surge protector in multible
switches. Since we know what beams they are using.::Looks up at the Captain as
he comes over.::
gwenmarqusa: <xo>[co] :;starts to say something, then stops as the Captain
walks away::
ltjgmelody: CNS>::Looks over to Gwen with a shrug.::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Looks at his father then to Yoshi:: I had another idea.
ltteboktrkhev: Ratchet>CMO>::in sickbay, working::
Malachi Styles: SCI> I was wondering, if instead of going full power withthe
sheilds, why not set them up so they could absorb the extra energy the Orions
are throwing at us.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  A medical emergency call comes in for a serious burn
accident at Jefferies tube 23.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Sir your son is a genius.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  You believe it will work?
gwenmarqusa: <xo> How about a power flow that, when the sheilds hit 99%, the
power flows off to some place else, instead of having the power to the sheilds
cut low enough to absorb the energy?
gwenmarqusa: <xo> We'd have to keep the sheilds too low to absorb all that
energy from the Orions.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::hearing Gwen's suggestion, turns and starts taccing away
at the keys::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> I was thinking we could have it flow directly to the
weapons.
gwenmarqusa: <xo> Not to the weapons
gwenmarqusa: <xo> We'd lose the weapons then.
gwenmarqusa: <xo>What about to a generator of sorts.
ltteboktrkhev: Ratchet><CMO>::Orders the transporter room to have the wounded
beamed directly to sickbay::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>We do have a back up battery that we could channel it to.
gwenmarqusa: <xo> something designed to take incoming power.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::still busy at the keys::  We could throw the excess to
the reserve power stores.
gwenmarqusa: <xo> That would work, then we can channel it when and where we
need it.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The injured crewman beams to sick bay::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::voice sounding excited:  AND, we can use what would
normally go to the reserve to improve power ratings to the weapons.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Exactly.
Malachi Styles: SCI> [XO]  Thank you, Commander!  That was just the insight I
required.
Malachi Styles: SCI> [CSCI]  I also do not know what is in this tea, but I feel
great now.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [CSCI]  How long to implement?
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> It's a Japanese blend of natural herbs and teas.
gwenmarqusa: <xo> Becareful about how much you drink of that Mal
RomnHaas: CENG> ::enters the bridge, and hands Gwen another PADD of repairs
completed::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Raises an eyebrow.:: I only gave him one serving Sir.
ltteboktrkhev: Ratchet><CMO>::starts to work with medical teamt to tend to the
injured crewman::
gwenmarqusa: <xo>[ce] ::smiles ruefully:: Thanks
gwenmarqusa: <xo> I know, I just don't want him drinking that all the time.
Malachi Styles: SCI>  I do not see why not, Sir.  This stuff really opened my
eyes.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> I understand sir. It's not avalable on the regular
replicator list.
gwenmarqusa: <xo> That's the problem Mal.  You could easily get addicted to it,
and in larger doses, it can do a lot of damage.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [CSCI]  How long to implement?
gwenmarqusa: <xo>[ce] How are you holding up?
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Sorry sir. I believe we can have the modifications done
in about an hour.
Malachi Styles: SCI> But it is all natural herbs, Commander.
RomnHaas: CENG>  ::looks over to CSCI::  What modifications?
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Waves him over.::
gwenmarqusa: <xo>Mal, that makes it even more dangerous.  All Natural does not
mean you can ingest all you want.
RomnHaas: CENG> ::Walks over::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> I do not believe I have ever heard of a tea addict sir.
gwenmarqusa: <xo> ::laughs:: A lot of people are addicted to Tea
gwenmarqusa: <xo> Hemloch is all natural Mal, but you wouldn't want to
eat/drink any of that.
Malachi Styles: SCI>  This will be my only cup then, Commander. :Takes another
sip::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> More people are addicted to coffee and all that has in it
is caffene
gwenmarqusa: <xo> Yup, and most Teas also have caffiene
RomnHaas: CENG> ::Looks at the mods on the science console::  This is
ingenious, Lt.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>It's Malsan's design
RomnHaas: CENG> ::tousles Mal's hair::  I should have known.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> I will send you a copy of the ingredints Commander.
Japanese Tea doesn't have caffeen like the European and American versions.
gwenmarqusa: <xo> ::sighs:: No need Lt.
ltjgmelody: CNS> I'm sensing a bit of tension..::Smirks::
gwenmarqusa: <xo> This is pointless to argue about, I was just giving Mal a
simple warning
gwenmarqusa: <xo> "All Natural" doesn't mean "Perfectly Healthy"
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::blushes at the hair-tousling::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Yes sir... I am aware of that. I would not give him
anything that would harm him nor would make him addicted to.
T L Lost: <hpw>::tries to stay as far from the argument as possible.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  It is a pointless argument.  [CSCI]  Lt.  Ah want the
modification implemented.
gwenmarqusa: <xo> ::shakes and sighs, thinking she does not get it.  Goes back
to looking at reports::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Looks over at the CEng:: Can you assist with the
modifications?
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [XO] Commander, can you check on that medical emergency?
RomnHaas: CENG> Absolutely!
gwenmarqusa: (( Trying to get rid of Gwen, eh? ;) ))
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Prints on a PADD what needs to be done as far as
Engineering.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((Keeping everyone busy))
gwenmarqusa: (( Uh huh ))
gwenmarqusa: <xo> ::nods, stands and heads off the bridge::
RomnHaas: CENG> ::Takes the PADD and goes over to the engineering station::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Starts to put in the changes on the Science console.::
RomnHaas: CENG> [CO]  We will be able to have this modification completed in a
half hour, Captain.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Acknowledged.  Mr. Vanik.  PLot us a course back to the
station.  Engage as soon as the mods are completed.
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM>  Aye, sir.  ::inputs the course::
gwenmarqusa: <xo>::walks into sickbay::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Crewman McCoy> ::Lying on the bio bed being treated by the
doc::
ltteboktrkhev: Ratchet><CMO>::Is a little busy at the moment::
Malachi Styles: SCI> :Working with Yoshi inputting data::
T L Lost: Muerta>::nods to the Commander:: You're hear about the Emergency
Call, I'm assuming?
gwenmarqusa: <xo>::nods:: Yeah, how's he doing?
ltjgmelody: CNS>::To Mal::~~So what was that all about?~~
T L Lost: Muerta>Unless something goes wrong, he should survive.  But he has
3rd degree burns covering about 10% of his body, and 2nd degree burns covering
30%.  He'll need some extensive work.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ~~ You mean the discussion over the tea?~~
ltjgmelody: CNS>~~Yeah~~
ltteboktrkhev: Ratchet><CMO>::glowers at nurse, glowers at XO, goes back to
giving orders to the rest of her medical staff::
gwenmarqusa: <xo>::nods:: Thanks.  Everything else going okay in sickbay.
T L Lost: Muerta>::raises her eyebrows for a second:: Sure.  Don't have time
for details right now.
gwenmarqusa: <xo>::nods:: I understand, thanks. ::heads out of sickbay::
T L Lost: Muerta>::goes back to work::
Malachi Styles: SCI>~~ I am not entirely certain, except I do believe Commander
Marqusa was worried I would get addicted to the tea.~~
ltjgmelody: CNS>~~Hmm quite odd.~~
RomnHaas: CENG> ::taps triumphantly on his concole :: [CSCI]  We're ready on
this end, Yoshi.
gwenmarqusa: <xo>::returns to the bridge::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Puts in the last of the program.:: Ready here. Sir the
new defenses have been programed. We are ready to impliment them.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ~~ I suppose it is possible.~~
ltjgmelody: CNS>~~ I wonder if that would be like my addiction to chocolate.~~
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [CSCI]  Make it so.  Mr. Vanik, Engage
gwenmarqusa: <xo>[co] From what I could gather from Nurse Muerta, the crewman's
in pretty bad shape.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ~~  Very much so. Every species reacts differently to
different stimulae.~~
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>Mal would you like to do the honors?
Malachi Styles: SCI> It would be my pleasure, Lieiutenant.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>Make it so
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::taps the final command making the modifications::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> I believe that the Orions are going to be very suprised.
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> ::Engages  engines::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  Let's hope so, Lieutenant. ::Sits back down in his
chair::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Looks over to Gwen.:: I appologize for arguing with you
Commander.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [XO] Any ahdea what caused the accident?
gwenmarqusa: <xo>[sci] ::shrugs:: It was a simple comment to Mal.
gwenmarqusa: <xo>[co] Not yet.  The crewman wasn't in any shape to talk.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> :Nods::  Send out the word, regular shift rotations can
resume.  These people neeed some rest
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Thinks they could use some shoreleave.::
gwenmarqusa: <xo>[co] when we get back, we should set up some shoreleave.
gwenmarqusa: <xo>::motions to Hailey to send out the msg::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Smirks over at Gwen.::
T L Lost: <HPW>::sends out message to all department heads to resume normal
shifts::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The Eagle arrives back at the station::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM>  We are arriving, sir.  Slowing to 3/4 impulse.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Sets scanners to try to detect when the Orions do their
warp jump.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [HELM]  Very good Mr. Vanik.  Let them see we have
returned.
gwenmarqusa: Soren><tac>::scans the area::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM>  ::Bruings the Eagle slowly towards the research
station::
CommoLukasFyrstk: PAUSE SIM

Respectfully submitted,
Lukas Fyrstk, Commodore