<USS Eagle> Sim Log/Recap 070423

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 20:02:06 -0400

http://www.starfleetphoenix.com/eagle.html

Notes:

Nothing new at this time, except the Fleet message board is decoid of all your posts.

Sim Recap:
"Licking Our Wounds"
Officers present: Commodore Fyrstk, Commander Marqusa, Lt/ Commanders Haas, Lost & Dr. Hamza, Lt. Matsu & Fox, Dr. Melody, A-Ensign Fyrstk
NPCs used: Lt/s Soren (Marqusa) and Vanik (Haas), Cadet Wren
Stardate: Supplemental (approximately six hours from last week's sim)

The ship is forced to take refuge in aqn isolated star system with a dead star. They bring al shifts to duty to get the defensive capabilities back online, after having the whole works destroyed by one shot from a mysterious Orion ship.  The science department is put to task to find out hust what hit them, and how they could avoid it from happening again.

End recap

CommoLukasFyrstk: ATTENTION ON DECK
stephenfox01: :AA
RomnHaas: ::AA::
*** ltteboktrkhev has joined the chat.
Malachi Styles: ::AA::
ltteboktrkhev: You do start early!
ltyoshikomatsu: ::AA::
ltteboktrkhev: ::AA::
ltjgmelody: ::AA::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Captain's Log, Supplemental
CommoLukasFyrstk: We have brought the ship to what seems to be a secluded star
system.
CommoLukasFyrstk: The star itself has long burned out, and the planets
lahfeless.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Ah have called all shifts to get to work on the Eagle's
damage.  Ah am not sure how much tahme we have.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Ah could have had us jummp back to the Aloha Quadrant, but Ah
want to be absolutely sure the drahve system hasn
CommoLukasFyrstk: not been compromahsed.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Plus, Ah want to fahnd out just what that ship used against
us.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::looks around the bridge surveying the tactical station
which is being rebuilt.::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Pouring over the data from the sensors about the weapon
used.::
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :in a jeffries tube replacing a power relay:
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::running simulations to see if he can duplicate the quick
and massive destruction of the defense systems::
ltjgmelody: CNS>::Sitting in the councelor's chair looking depressed.::
ltteboktrkhev: <CMO>::In sickbay, reading::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>Malsan ::Waves him over.::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::at an auxillary station, working on making stronger
defensive sheilds without using the defensive systems::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::goes over::  Yes, sir?
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>::working on teh tactical station::
T L Lost: <HPW>::helping to coordinate the efforts on fixing the ship::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Look here. ::Shows him the readings.:: From what I gather
what this weapon did was accualy feed more power into the sheilds causing a
feedback which is what fried the system.
RomnHaas: CENG> ::working in the forward weapons room, replacing panels::
stephenfox01:  <AENG>:singing in a voice that can be heard on three decks
because of the JT: THis is the way we replace the relay, replace the relay,
replace the relay,....
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::walks down to the Captain and takes a seat next to him,
doing some calculations on a PADD::
Malachi Styles: SCI. > ::nods::  Aye, sir, but what I cannot figureout is how
to duplicate the type of energy to do that.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> It would have to be an energy simmilar to the frequence
of our shields.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::suddenly stands::  Ah cain't just sit here.  Ah gotta
do something
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Figure out what types of energy operate on that frequency
and see if we can narrow it down.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::looks up at the Captain:: You could prepare a message for
Ens Jaren's family Captain.
Malachi Styles: SCI>  Aye, sir.
stephenfox01:  <AENG>+<CENG> Fox to Cmdr Haas
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Frowns::  Have you set a memorial tahme yet?
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> I am going to see if there is a way for us to absorb the
excess energy and maybe rechanel it.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CENG>+[AENG]+ Go ahead, Lt.
Malachi Styles: SCI>  If we can come up with the specific energy frequency, we
can change the shields to deflect it
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> No Sir, I haven't had time to work on that.  Our sheilds are
more important.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> ::Grins:: But don't you think those Orions would be very
suprised if we shot their own excess back at them?
stephenfox01:  <AENG>+<CENG> Sir, I am about ready to replace the last power
relay to the sheld grid.  I was what system you want power restored to next?
Phasers, torpedoes, sub-mode, armor?
RomnHaas: CENG>+[AENG]+  Phaser next, Stephen.  We'll worry about the sub mode
last.
stephenfox01:  <AENG> +<CENG> Aye sir, I have also tagged a few of the blown
out relays and sent them to the engineering lab.  Maybe it will help us all
figure out what they hit us with.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>[sci] We should make sure that we modulate the frequencies of
our sheilds and add a surge protector in.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Agreed
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::beams::  A surge protector!  Of course! ::moves back to
his console::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::chuckles at Mal::
RomnHaas: CENG> ::replaces the last of the phaser control panels:: CENG>+[TAC]+
 Haas to Lt. Soren.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>[co] I've come some temporary sheilds up, but they won't last
long against anything Captain.
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>+CE+ Go ahead Commander.
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :finishes up the shiels power relay and moves on to the
first damanged phaser relay:
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [XO]  Good to hear, but we are staying put, unless forced
out.
RomnHaas: CENG>+[TAC]+  Lt.  I am ready to send test signals to the bridge.  Is
your panel ready?
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>[co] Good, because, like I said it won't last against much of
anything.
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>+CE+ Give me 2 more minutes Commander.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> I hope it can keep the space mites out...::continues to
work.::
RomnHaas: CENG>+[TAC]+  Just let me know
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>::continues to work:: +CE+ Aye sir
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Working feverishly at his console::
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>::finishes connecting the last wires, stands up and
tests the console::
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>+CE+ Console all ready Cmdr.
Malachi Styles: CENG>+[TAC]+ Transmitting now. ::sends the test signals to the
bridge station::
T L Lost: <hpw>::looks over to the Captain and wonders if now would be a good
time.  Decides against it, as the CO doesn't look to be in a good mood::
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>::responds to the test msg with a msg of her own::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Looks at Mal's work.::
RomnHaas: CENG> +[TAC]+  Mesage received, Soren. Run thru a simulation fo
firing phasers then torpedoes.
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>::sets up simulation parameters.  Test fires phasers::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Sits back down and begins jotting a message on a PADD::
ltyoshikomatsu: Csci> It's quite intresting. The weapon was designed just to
affect the sheilds and connected weapon systems. Meaning that the Orions are
looking for captives and goods.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> [XO]Are the Orions still dealing in slave trade?
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>[sci] Yes, among other things
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>::test fires torpedos::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM>  I'm betting they've stepped up their trade, what with
the FEderation all worried about the T'Kil
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>[co] Where were the Orions hiding?  They came up awful fast
ltjgmelody: CNS> And they can blame dissaperances on the T'Kil...
RomnHaas: CENG>+[AENG]+ Excellent, Lt.  Great job.  Lt. Fox has assured me al
relays for the shields have been replaced.  See if you can raise them.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> ::Checks back through the sensor logs.::Checking...
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>::raises sheilds, checks the system out::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM>  They better learn the T'Kil MO a little better then
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Frustrated mutter as he runs yet another simulation::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> I doubt they'll want to blame it on the TKill, too much
work.  They don't care if people know they did things.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>Actually it's better that people know, puts more fear into
people.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>[sci] What's wrong Mal?
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Walks over to Mal.:: Anything I can assist you with
Malsan?
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Looks at Yoshi then to Gwen with a puzzled look.  Then
realizes they must have heard his muttering and blushes::  My apologies, sirs.
I did not mean to say things so loudly.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>[sci] Well, you did.  So what's wrong?
Malachi Styles: SCI> I am afraid I cannot come up withthe right combination of
energies to qaccount for the destruction to our systems.
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :mutters at he works: Phaser in, Phaser out....Phaser In,
Phaser out...
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::stands and moves over to Mal, looking at the data::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> show me the one that came the closest
RomnHaas: CENG>+[TAC]+  Lt.  I am reading 93 pervent on the shields. Is that
what you have?
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Goes back to looking for where the Orion ship came
from.::
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>::tweaks things from this end a little more:: +CE+
I've now got 95%.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::recalls the data::  This blast would take out the
shields but not the weapons circuitry.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>Did you find any that would take out the weapons but not
shields?
Malachi Styles: SCI>  No, sir.  Any other that I have tried cannot penetrate
the shields......Unless....
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::looks over to the CO and assumes he either didn't hear her
question earlier or choose not to respond, will have to ask again later::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::starts taping away at the panel again::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Commander I think I know how the Orions seemingly popped
up on us.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> What about two shots fired almost simultaneously?
ltteboktrkhev: Ratchet><CMO>::still in sickbay, reading::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::thinks a moment.  Then runs the simulation::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>[sci] yes?
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::looks at Yoshi::
Malachi Styles: SCI>  It would have to be computer precision firing, but yes,
sir.  It would do it.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> It seems they did a warp jump. Sort of the simmilar thing
that was done in the war games with the Enterprise. But they seem to have
gotten it so they can do it from beyond sensor range.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::nods, turns back to Mal and the simulation:: Show me.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::runs the simulation. The blasts are microseconds apart,
but come off as one blast::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> So, if we were to be able to deflect or deflate the blast
that goes after the sheilds, we'd be able to kill  both?
Malachi Styles: SCI> Yes, sir.  Thatis correct.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> Now, can you figure out how to put a surge protector onto
the sheilds?
Malachi Styles: SCI>  If I can manipulate it correctly, sir, we can send the
beam right back at the Orion ship.  I do not believe they would be prepared for
that.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::nods:: First work on making sure it doesn't take our
sheilds down.  Then worry about sending it back.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> You're doing a good job Mal.  ::heads back to her chair::
Keep it up.
RomnHaas: CENG> :reroutes shields through another set of relays:: +[TAC]  How
does that look, Lt.?
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>::plays around a little:: Up to about 97%
Gwen Marqusa: (forgot the +CE+)
RomnHaas: CENG> ::frowns::  We may just have to settle for that for now. Unless
we can get the redundants back online as well
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Looks up from the PADD and sighs::  Ah hate wrahting
these things.
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>+CE+ Acknolwedged
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>[co] I don't blame you Captain.  It's never an easy thing to
do.
RomnHaas: CENG>+[AENG]+ Lt. Fox, how are we making out?
*** ltjgmelody has left the chat.
stephenfox01:  <AENG>+<CENG> Sir, the primary relays for the forward phasers
are up and ready to be tested.  Still working on the aft system though.
CommoLukasFyrstk: PAUSE SIM