<USS Eagle> Personal Log

  • From: "Gwen Marqusa" <GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:45:32 -0500

:ON:

     Gwen was about to head back to the bridge, but the thought of Rommie made her change her mind.  She tapped a few more commands onto the PADD and then began reordering another log.
     "Personal Log.  Stardate unknown.
     "Time travel makes my head spin.  Then you add in traveling between two different universes and I get lost pretty quickly.  What I do know is that we aren't where we are suppose to be and we aren't WHEN we are suppose to be.  Hopefully that will change soon.
     "I opened this log for two reasons.  Basically to talk about two people and get my mind clear of things.  I know that sounds confusing, but then, that kind of sums up how I'm feeling right now.  Confused.  I definitely don't have Mal's intelligence when it comes to the realm of science.  I'd rather avoid that area if I can.  That's why I surround myself with people who are knowledgeable with it.  If you want to talk battle strategy, or logistics, or that sort of thing, that's another story.  I'm good with that.  Anyways . . .
     "Doctor Melody is driving me crazy.  Again.  I just don't trust her.  It's not that she's evil or devious, or anything like that.  In fact it's quite the opposite.  She's rather innocent in a lot of respects.  With all of her actions she keeps proving to me that she just doesn't have the maturity to be an officer yet.  I can't wait to get back to the Eagle so that I can take Ratch on away missions.
     "What has Melody done this time?  Well, there are a couple of things.  The first was her reaction when the TKill came into the area that the Eagle was occupying.  She really wasn't able to function.  She still hasn't been able to fully deal psychologically with what happened the first time we had a run in with victims of the TKill.  While it's true that other officers who have maturity might have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from things.  If they're symptoms manifest the way Melody's does, then I don't think they should be on active duty and put in those situations.
     "The other incident happened just recently.  I have given specific orders that interactions with this timeline is to be kept to a minimum.  I don't want us to go off and talk to the crew about just anything.  We need to stay focused.  Well, I was in stellar cartography with Mal and Melody.  Mal started to get a headache and I was able to sense that the current timeline Mal had come onboard the Eagle.  So could Melody.  She took off running.  I knew right away where she was heading.  She didn't say anything to anyone, just took off.  When I used my comm badge to ask her to return to cartography, she took a long time to respond, and she took her sweet time returning.  I wasn't able to stay around to confront her when she returned.  I will have to sit her down when things are calmed down.  Right now there is just too many other things to think about.
     "The other person I wanted to talk about is Rommie.  In this timeline he's a Captain.  I sooooo want to ask him how things turned out between us.  But I know that it's not right.  I don't even want to broach that topic with him.  Of course, I'd love to find out everything that's happened to him in this timeline.  But, that falls under the same problem.  I feel bad leaving him here in this timeline with the way things have turned out.  I know there is nothing that can be done for him.  At this point in their time, there is little that can change things.  But he seems to be the same old Rommie.  I really hope that we get back to our timeline.  I don't like the thought of remaining in this one for the rest of my life.  Apparently, somewhere in this timeline I am still alive.  That's just based on the fact that they kept calling and referring to me as Captain Marqusa.
     "All right, I better get back to the bridge and to work.
     "End Log."
     Gwen typed a few more commands into the PADD and closed the recording.  Then she locked, encrypted and secured both logs.  She didn't want anyone to be getting into them.  She also made sure that the PADD had no connection to the Eagle (or any) computer.  Then she headed back to the bridge.

:OFF:

Cmdr Gwen Marqusa
AXO/CSec/Tac
USS Eagle