<USS Eagle> "News to Rohnok"

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Andrew J. Costa" <Ajcbutch2@xxxxxxx>, usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 12:00:07 -0400

ON

    "OPS to Commodore Fyrstk," came the voice of the OPS officer, as Lukas stepped into his quarters.  "Admiral Rohnok is now on a secured channel."
    "Thank you, Ensign," Lukas replied, tapping his comm-badge.  "Ah'm in mah quarters now and will access it. Fyrstk out."  He tapped the badge again, closing the comm channel.  Stepping over to his desk, he touched the monitor, which brought the face of Enriov (admiral) Rohnok, his first-cousin, on.
    "Lukas," Rohnok asked, confused by the urgency and privacy of the call. "Is everything alright? Do you need assistance? You haven't run into an over-zealous warbird on your way back, have you?"
    "Whahle Ah do need your assistance, Rohnok," Lukas confided.  "It is not with any of your ships, or any problems Ah have run into.... sort of."
    "Sort of?"
    Lukas informed Rohnok of finding the ship wreckage, and the bodies floating in space.  When he told Rohnok of his assistant medical officer's findings, Rohnok's face paled.
    "This is not what we need right now," Rohnok told his cousin.  "Lukas, this cannot get out, at least not yet.  I need you to stay on-station there and secure the area.  I will send Bloodwing out to confirm... your find."
    "That will not be a problem," Lukas assured Rohnok. "Ah have restricted the morgue to just mah senior staff, and they are not to discuss this with any of the crew.  Ah realahze the implications. Ah will have to inform Admiral Archer, though."
    "Of course," Rohnok agreed.  "I totally understand.  Hann'yyo, Lukas.  This is devastating news, but I am glad it was you to come across this."
    "You're welcome, Rohnok," Lukas said easily.  "And.... Ah'm sorry.  We will continure our investigation and have things ready to transfer to the Bloodwing when she arrahves.  Eagle out."
    The screen returned to the Federation symbol.  Lukas sat there for a long moment, contemplating what the next few weeks and months will be like for his cousin and the Romulan people.

OFF