<USS Eagle> "More Good News"

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:42:04 -0400

ON

    "Commodore," came the voice of Ensign Snaud, who was now sitting at OPS.  When it was determined the shock-wave was slowing, and then suddenly gone, Lukas allowed the bridge officers who had been on duty through the whole rescue operation to take a break.  He even authorized the use of the officer's mess on deck 2, because he knew the rest of the ship was full.  "The Bloodwing is hailing us."
    "On screen, Ensign," Lukas ordered.  He watched the starscape quickly change to the bridge of the Romulan warbird. He could not believe how tired his cousin looked.  "Rohnok."
    "Greetings, again, Cousin," the Romulan admiral greeted.  "I can not thank you enough for your assistance with the Excelsior.  We would not have escaped with it, if you had not pulled that bold reverse tractor move."
    "Let's call it even," Lukas said to Rohnok.  "Ah could not have towed XL out of there at all, at least not at warp."
    Rohnok smiled.  A very tired smile, but a smile nonetheless. "Can we speak in private for a moment?"
    "Of course, Admiral," Lukas said, rising.  "Ensign. Transfer the call to mah ready room.  Mr. Vanik, you have the bridge."

    Stepping behind his desk, Lukas activated the screen and sat down. "Go ahead, sir."
    Rohnok also looked as if he were now in a more private setting.  He looked like he had the weight of the Empire on his soulders. "We will be rendesvousing with the USS Sutherland to take control of the Excelsior, then proceeding to a processing center near Archenar Prime.  You can off load there."
    Lukas nodded.  His cousin stopped talking, but Lukas could see there was more on his mind.  "Rohnok.  You didn't ask me to go prahvate to tell me that."
    "Ie," Rohnok said with a sigh.  "I wanted to be certain i caught your message properly.  You picked up the family?"
    "Yes," Lukas confirmed.  "Ah was suprahsed they were still on the estate, but we transported everyone up, and then concentrated on surrounding villages until we were full."
    "That is good," Rohnok said, though he did not seem relieved.  "Grandmother can be so stubborn.  She made certain al the family resources went to the evacuation, and did no plan for herself, and the others would not leave her behind."
    "Ah figured as much," Lukas admitted. "Ah didn't give her the choice to refuse."
    "Hann'yyo," Rohnok said.  His words still sounded like there was a lot more on his mind, which of corse there was, but not just the stress of the evacuation.
    "What else is there, Rohnok?"
    The Romulan admiral looked directly at his first-cousin.  "I have just received word Praetor Chulan, and several members of Senate did not make it to Archenar Prime.  To make matters worse, Empress Donatra was aboard her ship, Valdore, and that has gone missing."
    'Geezis,' Lukas thought. 'What else could go wrong?' The leadership of the Empire, all missing. "Ah don't know what to say, Rohnok.... Other than Ah'm sorry."
    "I know, Lukas," Rohnok said quietly. "I am not sure what to look forward to now. Enriov Taris has already called an emergency meeting as soon as we arrive at Archenar Prime."
    "You know we'll stand bah you, Rohnok," Lukas told him, trying to give his cousin some hope.
    "I don't think it's going to be that simple,Lukas," the admiral sadly admitted. He then took on a more positive look. "Well, let's take it a step at a time."

OFF