[ussbansheec] "Unexpected Guest."

  • From: "Moria Grace" <bansheec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:26:23 -0500

"Unexpected Guest."
Abbie and Zoe Murgo

As the doors swished open to her cabin Abbie blinked. There was a young woman
with flaming red hair and huge green eyes leaning against her windows. She
smiled until she noted the look on the woman's face. It was the same look their
mother got when she'd done something to upset her. Stepping further into the
room Abbie opened her mouth to greet her visitor but was cut off.

"The most horrific so called scientific project since the Eugenics Wars. What
General Fitzwilliam of the Starfleet Marine corp. was allowed to do is not only
barbaric, morally wrong, and heartbreaking, but it was psychotic and perversely
sick. Not only should the General and his people be held accountable for their
crimes against humanity, but so should any and all who allowed this travesty to
go on for so long." The redhead read from a padd. Looking up bright green eyes
locked onto soft brown ones. "Are you suicidal or have you just lost your mind
all together?"

"Neither." Abbie answered as she leaned her weight on to her left foot and then
crossed her arms. "I'm simply telling the truth."

The redhead rolled her eyes. "The truth comes with prices that are at times to
high to pay."

Abbie laughed. "You sound like Mother, Zoe."

"Well someone has to be sensible." Zoe huffed as she tossed the padd at her
sister. "I thought you told her that after the mess with the Orion syndicate
you'd stop this kind of reporting?"

"What mess with the Orion's? That wasn't such a mess." Abbie chuckled as she
walked over and poured herself a scotch.

Zoe blinked and then looked at her sister with a rather dumbstruck look before
rolling her eyes again. "No a mess? Abbie they beat you so badly you were in
the hospital for two weeks!"

Abbie shrugged and offered her sister a drink which Zoe turned down. "Could
have been worse."

Her older sisters were both so unbelievably smackable. Sighing Zoe shook her
head and pointed at the padd with her sister's Fedwire piece on it. "Daddy says
this Fitzwilliam man isn't a person to cross, Abbie."

"He's not." Abbie admitted. "Which is why you'll be careful while your here.
He's on the station."

"I'm not the one to worry about." Zoe replied as she walked over to her sister
and turned her so they were facing each other. "It's you."

Abbie kissed her baby sister's forehead and smiled. "I'll be fine, Zoe."

Zoe huffed and folded her arms. "Well that's all good and dandy, but did you
happen to stop and think about anyone else?"

"Anyone else?" Abbie asked as she downed her drink and refilled her glass.

"The family of that poor woman you released the video of?" Zoe asked, Abbie
shrugged. "Ok, what about a little closer to home? What about Angelina?"

Abbie huffed, downed her second drink and then tossed her glass into the
recycler. "Angelina's the girl's lawyer, she was in this before I wrote that."

"Ok, what about the careers you could be harming? Angelina's, Daddy's,
Frankie's." Zoe argued.

Flopping into her chair Abbie waved off the comment. "Daddy's career is to
deeply rooted, Angelina will be fine, and fuck Frankie." The auburn haired
journalist who looked so much like her mother had never forgiven her older
sister for taking the job with Taggert. Her sister was working for a man who'd
helped send their brother to hell and unlike their father and uncle she was
doing it willingly. Sighing Abbie just shook her head and then smiled at her
younger sister. "Speaking of carriers, what are you doing here anyway? Aren't
you in the middle of a show? Where's your entourage?"

"I'm taking time off. Let the new kid fill in, she knows Paula almost as well
as I do." Zoe replied knowing that the conversation about her sister being more
careful about what she wrote was over. "And I'm a Broadway diva, darling," Zoe
fluttered as she tossed herself onto the couch dramatically, "not a pop star. I
don't have an entourage."

Abbie laughed. "I meant the cats."

Zoe laughed. "There in my rooms. I know you can't stand them."

"So why are you here other then to read me the riot act." Abbie asked again.

"Friend of mine is playing a couple gigs here, thought I'd catch up with her.
Besides you and Angie are here." Zoe smiled at her sister before frowning.
"Plus I wanted to check in with Belle and see what's up with Banshee."

Abbie nodded, rose from her chair and walked over to the couch to join her
sister. She pulled the younger woman into her arms and cuddled her. "I'm glad
your here, sweetie."

Zoe smiled. "Like I said, someone has to remain sensible around here."

"If you were so sensible you'd have never done that awful Klingon musical."
Abbie teased.

Zoe huffed. "Yeah, but I hadn't I'd have never gotten The Good-bye Girl."

"And you wouldn't have had that affair with the Klingon lead."

A deep blush colored Zoe's cheeks. "Shut up, Abbie."