[ussbansheec] Moving on

  • From: "Moria Grace" <bansheec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:06:34 -0400

"Moving on"
Captain Grace Dareth, Aeriannah Kaelyre

There was a change in the air as Grace walked down to her chair. There was
still the lingering taste angry over being attacked, grief over the lost and
wounded, but the spirit of the crew seemed a little stronger. She glanced at
the last of the midnight shifters who were lingering, waiting on Alpha shift,
and noted that they didn't seem as rushed in their work, simply focused on what
they were doing. As she lowered herself into her chair she looked at the
ranking officer and asked for a report.

"Everything is up and running at ninety-seven percent." The man replied. "All
systems are in the green and we're ready to proceed on your command."

Grace smiled just slightly. "Thank you Mister Reese. The question now is where
do we proceed too."

"Home would be a good idea." Came the gentle reply from her coffee toting first
officer. Aeriannah handed Grace one of the silver mugs before taking her own
seat. "Why do mornings have to be early?"

"To give you something to grumble about." Grace replied as she dismissed Reese.
Taking a sip of the steaming, cream and sugar laced coffee, Grace flinched.
"Your mother's blend again?"

The redhead smiled brightly. "Of course. If your going to drink coffee you have
to drink it the right way. It's bad enough you pollute yours with cream and
sugar."

Grace took another sip and shook her head and chuckled. "Were you given coffee
as an infant rather then milk?"

Aerianna laughed. "No, but the need to consume great amounts of coffee is
essential to my survival. It's genetic you know."

"So your sister also drink coffee like a fish in water?" Grace asked as she
sipped and picked up a padd. She had a feeling that at this point there were
several members of her crew that she'd have to all but lock in the brig to get
them to take a couple of days off.

"No," Aerianna replied as she went over her own waiting pile of reports.
"Shaylah prefers teas from our Asarrah's homeworld, Lilah has a cup in the
morning, maybe one after dinner, and Gillian's wired like a terrier so anything
with caffeine in it sends her bouncing off the walls for three days."

Grace laughed. "So it's genetically encoded only in you even though you and
your sister all share the same genetic make-up."

The redheaded commander shrugged and then laughed. "We're all wired
differently."

Before Grace could respond the ensign filling in for PJ looked up and called
out, "Captain, sensors are picking up a fading warp trial. It seems to have
originated in the midst of the station debris."

"Warp means this isn't an escape pod." Aeriannah commented.

Grace nodded. "At this point anyone who was on that outpost is worth at least
talking too. Helm, plot an intercept course to follow that trail."

"Aye Captain. Course plotted."

"Warp one on my mark. Yellow alert." Grace paused to allow time for her
commanders to be done. "Engage."

"Elphaba, where I come from we believe all sorts of things that aren't true..
We call it.. History."
~The Wizard
~Wicked~