[ussbansheec] "Frist Date"

  • From: "Moria McEntire" <bansheec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:41:58 -0400

"First Date"

Jackie Smart and James Braddock

"Now sweetheart," the older, mousey brown haired and much slighter woman
said to her daughter, "as much as it's a lovely surprise and all, you don't
know anything about this man."

 "I know he's like totally gorgeous," Jackie grinned.

 Her mother sighed slightly.  "Well if you're going to go out, you're not
going to wear that."  She flowed to a chest of drawers and pulled out a
smart pair of black pants and a blouse of silk.  "This is just as attractive
and not nearly as suggestive."

 "What if I want to be?"  Jackie grinned as she put her arms around her
mother.  "I'm no saint now, Mom.  I'm like a total rebel."

 "Mm-hmm and lose that dreadful accent.  Your father and I spent a fortune
on your education, at least pretend it was worth it."  Rolling her eyes,
Linnett Smart put the clothes on the bed and flowed out of the room.  "If
you don't hurry, you'll be late."

James stood at the front door of Jackie's parent's house wearing his finest
black top hat, silk black boxers, bow tie, and tails. He carried a rainbow
of roses and a box of the best chocolates. Behind him parked at the curb was
a horse drawn carriage, complete with four snow white horse, two footmen,
and a driver all dressed in their best old English fare. With a bright smile
he reached out and rang the doorbell.

Huffing a little, Jackie just managed to get her top button done up as she
skipped down the stairs to answer the door.  Okay so she hadn't exactly
followed her mother's suggestion as she was wearing a soft silk skirt
instead of trousers but it was better than the hot pants and bakini top
she'd had on before.  "I've got it!" she called as she skidded to a halt in
front of the door.  Straightening herself up, she opened it and let out a
soft sigh of content.  "Hey you..."

"Hello milady." James bowed deeply and smiled brightly, his eyes never
leaving hers. When he straightened he handed her the gifts. "A small token."

"They're beautiful," she breathed.  "Wanna come in?  My Mom's dying to meet
you."

"I'd be honored to meet the woman who created such beauty." James replied as
he stepped inside. He removed his top hat and held it under his arm. The
other arm he offered to Jackie.

She took it instantly, guiding him down the hall to where her mother waited.
"Mom, I want you to meet someone."

 "Well it's about..."  The words died on Linnett's lips.  Was he wearing
boxershorts and a tophat?  And tails?  "Um... welcome to our home, Mr..."

Walking over to the older woman James took her hand and kissed it. "James
Braddock, at your service, Mrs. Smart."

He was a flatterer if not entirely the snappiest dresser.  "Where will you
two be going then?" Linnett asked lamely.

"We shall go wherever the young lady wishes." James replied as he turned
back to Jackie. "Paris, Prog, Betazed, or perhaps a picnic in the wormhole
of Bajor."

"Um, no," Jackie said, trying to ignore the goggle eyed expression on her
mother's face.  "I don't want to go through the wormhole again.  Thanks, but
no.  Maybe...  I hear the place around the corner's really nice this time of
year."

James laughed. "Of course. Today your wishes are my command."

"Don't wait up, Mom," Jackie said softly as she leaned up to kiss James'
cheek.  "You're a sweetheart," she whispered in his ear.  "Weird but a
sweetheart."

"Dearest  Betsy prefers the term insane." James laughed again as he once
again offered his arm. "I promise to take great care of your daughter, Mrs.
Smart. No need to fret. I am nothing if not a noble gentleman." Neither
woman had any idea of how true that statement was.

"Betsy's your wife?" Linnett asked hopefully.

James crinkled his nose as if he were a five year old who'd just put a
vegetable in his mouth. "Oh good heavens no, dear woman. Betsy, or actually
Elisabeth is my younger sister. A rather prissy, yet loveable, brat who
lives in our family home with her beastly lesbian lover."

Oh my god, Linnett thought, lesbians, beasts and men in boxer shorts.  What
has my baby girl gotten into?  She managed a smile when Jackie kissed her
cheek but knew she'd be having nightmares until her girl got home.  "Have a
good evening.  Don't be late home."

 "Yes, Mom, no, Mom, I love you, Mom," Jackie teased as she tugged James to
the door.

James beamed brightly as he walked Jackie to the carriage. "I like she liked
me." He crowed.

As one footman opened the carriage door another placed a box step on the
sidewalk and waited to help the lady inside. He reached out and offered her
a white gloved hand.

"It's okay, sparky, I got it," she said as she leaped into the carriage like
a little girl, giggling at all the neat stuff.  "I think she's worried about
her daughter.  But that's okay, I was pissed and worried when she married
Dave."

Once James was inside the carriage the door was closed. A moment later they
began to move. "You do not like this Dave person?"

"He's okay, I guess, he's just not my Daddy.  It makes a difference.  Dad
lives down in Mexico with his folks at the moment," she shrugged.  "Dave
slobs around a bit but mostly he's okay."

Reaching out James took Jackie's hand in his and held it. "If mother is like
daughter he'd better realize he holds a precious jewel."

"I dunno, I doubt it," she shrugged.  "Besides, I'm no jewel.  I'm just like
a total airhead."

James roared with laughter as he sat back. "Your as air headed as I am truly
insane."

"I can be if you want me to be," she admitted shyly.  Reaching out, she
touched his leg and moved closer to him.  "You're just about the most
fascinating and amazing man I've met.  I'd be anything for you."

Was what that tremor inside him? Was that how his dear sister felt whenever
Laura touched her? Spoke to her? Looked at her? Whatever it was he liked it.
"All you need be is who you are."

"Very dull really," she sighed.  "Not worth the attentions of someone so
special.  You can like bend the space-time continuum and alter braneworlds.
Manipulate cosmic strings.  It's totally awesome.  All I do is fly a
fighter."

"What I do I was born to do." James explained. "I had not control of over
it. But what you do, and what you know, you've worked hard for. It is I who
admire you." He leaned in and very gently kissed her lips.

 His kiss sent shocks straight from her lips to her toes and the tips of her
hair.  Her instinct was to deepen it but she didn't want to push so hard he
slipped away.  Instead she just enjoyed it.

James caressed her face as he placed another soft kiss on her lips. He
smiled when he drew back, but only enough to look into her eyes. "I could
happily lose my heart and soul to you."

"Too late," she whispered, "I've already lost mine to you."

He pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her. Was it just him or did
she just fit perfectly against him? "My rose."

"My lord," she breathed.

GIF image