[ussbansheec] "Am I the Only One..."

  • From: "Moria Grace" <bansheec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 23:09:56 -0500

*I apolozie for the crappnest of this log before hand and blame it on listening
to the same song for two hours. ::laughs:: Most of the log is ripped from the
song "Am I the Only One Who Cares" by Reba McEntire.

"Am I the Only One Who Cares"
Moria McEntire

It was her fourteenth birthday but Moria didn't blow out any birthday candles
or open any presents, she'd locked herself in her bedroom after having a fight
with her Mum. With tears in her eyes she climbed up on her window seat and sat
there staring at the cars in the driveway and listening to her own heart
beating. The moon was full and bright and hung right in front of her window, so
she looked up at it, pressing her fingers against the glass as if to touch it.

"Am I the only one who cares what I do? Cause if I'm the only one then who can
I turn to? Oh moon can you tell me that it's not just me and you?" She
whispered to the moon.

Moria was still for a long time as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Moria can't you hear yourself?" Came a soft musical voice.

Moria jumped and looked around. She was alone so who had spoken to her?

"You're acting like there ain't nobody else. Come on girl take a big breath."
Came the voice again. "You know what you gotta do."

Slowly Moria turned to look out her window and nearly screamed. The moon was
smiling at her. "I'm losing my mind."

The mood laughed. "No your not. You just need to see the truth."

"What that I don't matter? I'm just one to many? That I'm alone? Sorry, already
know that."

"Your not alone. Can't you see that?"

Moria shook her head.

The mood sighed and Moria could have sworn she saw it shrug. "Listen to me
because there's only one more thing before I go." The Moon paused and looked
down. "A woman's been standing at the window below, searching for the words to
let you know

how much she loves you too. You're not the only one who cares what you do, and
I'm not the only one that you can turn to. Now Moria please believe me, it's
not just me and you. She cares too."

Moria heard a soft knocking on her door, stirring her from her sleepy daze.

"Precious?"

Blinking away the fog, Moria looked at her door and then out her window. The
moon was solid and far away again. "Weird." She whispered as another soft knock
broke the stillness of her room. Climbing down off the window seat she padded
over to her door and reached for the knob, but before she opened it she checked
one last time out her window. Still just an unshrugging, unsmiling, not able to
talk hunk of rock. Shaking her head to clear it, Moria unlocked her door and
then went over and crawled onto her bed. When the next knock came she called
out, "Come in."

She didn't say a word as she watched her mother come in and sit next to her on
the bed. Neither of them said a word as Anna put her arm around her and pulled
her into a hug. Moria though she actually felt tears on the back of her neck.
That brought fresh tears to her own eyes as she held her mother tightly. When
she opened her eyes the moon was smiling at her again and winked.

"You don't need me anymore." It whispered. "I'm not the only one who cares what
you do, and I'm not the only one you can tell your troubles to, I've done the
best I can. Now the rest is up to you. I'm not the only one who cares, she
cares too."