<USS Banshee> <<USS Banshee>> - "Observations"

  • From: LtjgJvanDnalls@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 19:26:26 EDT

J'Van D'Nalls looked over the reports.  Grim, at best, he thought to himself.
 What was a Changeling doing on his ship?  Clearly it was a failing of the
past, one that he would make sure was never repeated.  His first orders were
to have the internal sensor arrays tuned to pick up their lie form signature.
 He could hardly believe that this had not been done before, as it was pretty
much standard operating procedure at this point on all fleet vessels.  But,
then again, this was far from the average Starfleet vessel from what he could
see.

"Computer, open personal log, current Star date." The customary jingle from
the computer told him it was ready for input.

"Well, here I am, not here a week, and I am already being looked at as a
scapegoat.  It is rather funny, actually, that the failings of my predecessor
can possibly be my fault, of course, Captain Morgan did not say that, but it
was oh so obvious in her tone of voice.  One needn't be a Betazoid to tell
what she really meant. Hmmm, Captain Rhiannon Dierdre Morrigan, now she was
interesting.  She is obviously frustrated, but I can not tell by what
exactly.  Yes, the crew did allow a Changing aboard, but I seem to think that
it lies far deeper then that.  They all seem to have some fear of her.  Her
very name or the mention of her Ready Room makes some of the crewman sweat
and panic.  I suppose a bit of fear instilled into your crew is helpful, but
this is far above and beyond that.  I can't help but mention that that she
has a side of her that is very well kept.  Those steely grey eyes can hide it
well from the average person, but I am far from average.  I do hope that my
rather odd abilities are kept confidential, as the Betazoid Defense Ministry
said they would be.  I do not need to be more of a target of ridicule then I
already am."

"Commander Victor Andros, another interesting character.  He seems rather
gruff at first, but I am sure that is not the real him.  Being gruff gets
people to listen, whereas common courtesy and calm does little more then bore
most people.  It is to be expected of a person of power. But, I could not
help but notice how he sounded on the Comm when I was speaking to the
Captain.  He sounded very reserved, very… oh, I can not think of a better
word then obedient.  I do not mean to say that he is her lap dog, but he
certainly seems to have an underlying need to see to it that her orders are
not only carried out, but so done so perfectly.  A tribute to the fleet I
guess, but there almost seems like there is a bit more there hen meets the
eye.  At any rate, he does his job, which is all that matters in the end."

"Listen to me, perhaps I should have listened to my mother and become a
Counselor.  I am here to protect these people, not pick at their brains.
But, then again, it is far easier to know how to protect those that you know
very well.  Once you know what to expect, and more importantly, be able to
analyze how they will react to a situation, it is easier to prepare to meet
the needs of said reaction.  I need to get back to work.  I am whipping this
department into shape, no matter how much I have to do.  I will however try
to stop short of killing them.  Computer, end log, record, encrypt, keycode
Alpha 234212 Omega."  He finished, as he stood to go back to work, and to get
some answers.