<USS Banshee> "To Have and To Hold"

  • From: "Brad Ruder" <GroundZero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:58:05 -0700

?To Have and To Hold?
by Lieutenant Joshua Asper
& Ensign Telsia Ehling

Telsia looked Josh in the eyes. "Thank you. I don't want to have to deal with this anymore, it's in the past, why can't it just stay there?" she asked, annoyed and slightly desperate. She just wanted the divorce to be final and for her to be able to move on with her life.

Her smooth skin graced his as their hands entwined. Josh nodded silently and looked at Cameron through the doorway. He was the epitome of innocence and everything that was pure, but coming from such a siren that Telsia was, Josh would have expected nothing less. She was now an extension of him - like Cameron - and he would do anything to protect them. "I won't let anything happen to you, Telsia, or Cameron. You mean too much to me now."

She squeezed his hand slightly, "I know you wouldn't." Telsia sat there thinking for a second. "Josh, will you get in trouble if I don't testify against Eric?" She didn't wish for him to get into trouble and she didn't know how far this would go if Eric pressed charges against Joshua.

What was he to say? Yes, he would if she didn't, but he wasn't about to have her sacrificing her reputation and career because of something that Eric had done. It wasn't right and it sure as hell wasn't fair. Gripping her hand he looked her in the eyes, diving into the abyss that was her eyes. "Yes, but that is something that I am willing to do for you and for our son. Right now that is the only thing that matters to me. You have a reputation to uphold around here."

Secretly she cursed her reputation and her pride that would allow her love to take the fall for defending her against her abusive husband. "Do you think he will press charges and get you in trouble?" She hoped to all heaven that Eric wouldn't and that he would just go away and leave them in peace.

"No," Josh shook his head and stepped away from her and onto his perch that he'd love to go to every time he felt helpless. The stars passed by the window slowly - as there was only so fast you could go while being in a standard orbit. He sighed heavily and folded his arms, turning his back to her, "he too has an image to hold and I don't think that coming out as an abusive husband would do anything for his career."

Telsia moved forward slowly and stood behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind. Pressed her face into his strong back she breathed in deeply the wonderful scent that was so him. "Thank you, for all you have done," she said softly, her voice muffled by his uniform shirt.

"Telsia," Josh turned around and pulled her close to him, much more aggressive than he ever thought he'd be with her. There was something about her that was alluring. Her aura was penetrating his very soul and he wanted nothing more than to stand there in that moment, at that spot, with everything halted for all eternity. "I would do it all over again just to have you and Cameron with me. You don't know how hard it was for me to leave on that mission and leave you there. It split me to the bone and pulled at my soul every moment I was away."

Her head had been buried in his shoulder but at those words she pulled back and looked him in the eyes. Those were eyes she had dreamed about for years; eyes that you could just drown in and let yourself get lost. Her fingers ran through the hair on the back of her head, "I hadn't wanted you to go but I understand that you had to. I'm just happy that you're here with me now."

Josh leaned in and, for the first time in nearly two years, whispered the words that he'd longed to say before being called away. "I'll never leave you."

Telsia smiled at this then moved in closer bringing her mouth with in inches of his, "I won't let you leave me again, Josh, I don't think my heart could take that again."

"I've missed you," a smile perked on his face as he slowly leaned in and kissed her. He had waited two years for her touch again, her very presence. Now was time to make up for lost ground and kissing her was a start. He savored her aroma and the taste of her lips on his. Wrapping his arms around her waist he kissed her again, but with more feeling and passion than the first one.

She easily became lost in the kiss as passion welled up in her. Her arms wrapped themselves tighter around Josh's neck, her hands running through his hair. The kiss awoke so much in her that had been lying dormant for the past two years and now, here, back in Joshua's arms, she remembered fully, the passion and love the two had shared and still did.

He wanted to hold her, be with her. Although, even in the moment of lost lust and romance, he didn't know whether or not they should or could do this. Finally, after fighting with his emotions he picked her up off the ground and slowly walked towards the bedroom. It was times like these that Josh liked having larger quarters. Cameron would sleep safely across the room. Their lips tangled once again as they passed through the doorway.

Telsia was not expecting to be swept up into Josh's arms or to be carried into the bedroom but she didn't mind. She pulled away from the kiss slightly and began to lay light little kisses along his jaw line up to his ear and down onto his neck while she was carried into what she was hoping, would soon be their room.

"Telsia, I love you so much," Josh said as he pushed her onto the bed. They were caught in that whirlwind moment of pure passion where nothing mattered but each other. His hands explored her body while his lips gently caressed hers. There was no place he'd rather be than under the sheets with the one woman he truly loved with all his being - all of his soul.

A moan escaped her lips as Josh rediscovered the joys of her body. Passion flowed freely from her as she caressed and kissed back, giving as much pleasure as she was receiving. The real thing with Josh was so much better then any past memory she had of him or anything that Eric would have called pleasure, this was complete bliss and a fulfillment of absolute love.

He kissed her lips as she slowly removed his shirt and tossed it across the room. This is where he wanted to be and there wasn't a thing that could take it from him. They had found the bliss that they'd lost so long ago and they were reclaiming it; it would never be lost again. For now, at least, the only thing that would be lost would be themselves in each other's arms.