<USS Banshee> "Stronger than Steel" Pt. 3

  • From: "Brad Ruder" <groundzero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:37:00 -0800

Sorry, you know me and perfection.

?Stronger Than Steel? ? Part Three
by Lieutenant Joshua Asper
& Ensign Telsia Ehling

The traditional Spanish fiesta fizzled away. The throngs of people in festive colors shimmered into oblivion and the room was once again solely for the two lovers. The two-leveled pueblo-style abode became a one story black room. The only illumination came from multitudes of candles - what seemed to be millions - that were scattered all around a dance floor like platform. Their shadows flicked in the wavering candlelight and Josh took a step closer and wrapped his arms around her waist.

A woman with black hair and black dress stepped onto a stage lit by one single strobe spotlight. In celebrating their first Valentines Day together in a long while, Josh had gone to extreme attempts to recreate their first. Cadet Kila Landing, now a Lieutenant on the USS Vizier, had the most beautiful voice he'd ever heard. She sang for them, through special request, that night and the night couldn't have been better. "Do you remember her? Do you remember any of this?" Josh motioned out towards the candles and the singer.

It was completely magical, perfect. This really was the most romantic part of the evening. Moving her body closer to Josh's, Telsia laid her head on his shoulder. "Yes," she said breathlessly. "I remember her and I remember all of this. It's perfect Josh. Thank you." She placed a light kiss on his cheek, amazed at the love she could feel for this most wonderful man.

Kila put the microphone up as the piano started playing, the invisible instrument playing soulful music as Josh began to dip and sway with the music. Kila smirked and took a breath as she began to sing the hymn to them. Josh remembered that it was their song. The perfect _expression_ for both their love and the perfection semblance of what the one would do for the other, but it was even more crucial now than ever before.

"If there were no words, no way to speak
I would still hear you...
If there were no tears, no way to feel inside
I'd still feel for you..."

There was nothing better than holding her in that moment, that perfect visage of complete serenity. There was no pain, there was no agony, there was no conspiracy, and there was no danger lurking the shadows. It was Josh. It was Telsia. It was their love that filled the room.

There were truly no other words to describe it besides perfection. Josh and Telsia's bodies swayed to the music, his arms wrapped around her waist holding her close to him and her arms around his neck. She laid her head on his chest and listened to his breathing. It was truly a moment of complete contentment, Tel had never felt more at home then she did in Josh's arms. He made her feel at peace, calm and most of all he made her feel loved, just by holding her the way he was.

"And even if the sun refused to shine,
Even if romance ran out of rhyme,
You would still have my heart until the end of time,
You're all I need, my love, my Valentine..."

"Do you remember the cafe we use to go to every morning for coffee? The trek across the academy grounds through the luscious green gardens and around the waterfall that always seemed to be full of life even in the darkest of days?" Josh got nostalgic on occasion. There was a yearning that he often felt for the academy days when nothing but learning and having fun were the norm. It was different then. He focused on his studies and focused on his life - things were different here. "Do you remember the innocence?"

"Mmmhmm," Telsia nodded. "Those were wonderful times. I used to love going for coffee with you in the morning and going on walks with you. That waterfall always made me feel better about life. After you left, I had spent a lot of time there and everywhere, trying to be closer to you. Life seemed so much more simple back then. I miss the innocence Josh." She closed her eyes, picturing some of the wonderful times that they had had back at the academy, life really had been more simple back then.

"I'm sorry I left so suddenly, Telsia. Starfleet Command had their priorities and calling away the best pilots was a must - especially given the tension with the Dominion. I didn't want to go, I didn't want to leave you, but I didn't have a choice." Josh shook his head before planting a gentle kiss on the top of her head. "Nothing other than the order of a Starfleet Admiral could have kept me away from you. You mean the world to me, as did you then." He tilted her head up and kissed her, but he knew that there was no expressing his love better than that.

"All of my life, I have been waiting for all you give to me,
You've opened my eyes, and shown me how to live unselfishly,
I've dreamed of this a thousand times before,
In my dreams I couldn't love you more..."

Telsia returned the kiss, letting him know with her body that she loved him more the life. Pulling away slightly from the kiss she looked into his dark brown eyes. "I love you Joshua Asper and I forgive the past because no matter what happened then, I have you with me now and we are a family, all of us. Forget about the bad that had once happened," Tel lightly traced the line of his jaw with her fingertips, stroking it ever so slightly. "I'm so happy now, here with you." She leaned forward and pressed her lips to his.

"I'm going to go talk to Andros one more time. I realize my obligation to my family, to you. Where my career was once the love of my life, the one thing that I would dedicate every waking moment to, that responsibility and honor is held by you and Cameron." Josh spun her out slightly and drew her back in, "We're a family, and we're going to stay that way."

"I will give you my heart until the end of time,
You're all I need, my love, my Valentine."