<USS Banshee> "Strangers in the Night"

  • From: Gryphon2@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:22:23 EST

"Strangers in the Night"
By Lt J.G. John Terje

John lay awake on his bed after a long day’s work. His wife’s shift
end for another couple of hours, so he was using time to just relax. Fatigue
started to sink in and John slowly began to fall asleep.

"Hello John."

John spun around. "Who’s there?"

"It’s me John."

John looked back and forth, but he saw no one. All he could see was darkness.
"Who’s me?"

A figured stepped into the single light that shined above John. "You don’t
even recognize your own brother."

John stared Coren dead in the eye. "I don’t have a brother."

"What do you mean? I’m right here."

"No, you’re not right there, you’re nowhere. You just up and left. You told
no one, where you were going, when you were coming back. You just faded out of

"What are you talking about? I’ve never left anywhere."

"Why won’t you be truthful with me? What are you trying to hide Coren?"

"I am being truthful with you John. I have nothing to hide. Why do you think
I do?"

"Because you disappeared."

"I told you John, I never disappeared, I’m still right here on the Banshee.
By the way, why did you transfer? Miss your big brother too much?"

"Miss you?" John looked down at the ground. "Yeah, I-"

John awoke in a cold sweat. He looked at the chrono; he had been asleep for
an hour. Still tired he fell back asleep.

"I know you miss me. I miss you too. We haven’t seen each other in a long
time. I haven’t seen Dad in a very long time. And mom, well, I see her every
night. I think you do too John. That’s alright though, soon, we’ll see each
face to face."

"What do you mean?"

"You’ll see."

John slowly opened his eyes. He wasn’t sure what was going on. He sensed
somebody sitting on the bed next to him. He rose, and wrapped his arms around

"Whoa, someone’s happy to see me," John’s wife Vivi exclaimed.

"Oh, yeah," John replied. He kissed his wife’s cheek and loosened his hold.