<USS Banshee> Re: Sadness of Sunday

  • From: ElRiovtrIdrys@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 04:10:42 EDT

    Although The Lion in Winter, with Katharine Hepburn commanding the screen
as Eleanor of Aquitaine, is my favorite film with her in it (it not only has
a wonderful, stellar cast, including Peter O'Toole [a double-phallic name if
ever there were one!] as King Henry II, Anthony Hopkins as the future King
Richard Coeur de Leon, Nigel Terry as the future King John, and Timothy Dalton
Philip II; but also a splendid, savage score by John Barry), I will always
remember Mrs. Hepburn best for the role of Mrs. Pudd in the seldom-shown
"sleeper" family movie Olly, Olly, Oxen Free (1978). She made this a decade
after TLIW
and only a few years before On Golden Pond. She portrayed a free-spirited,
eccentric woman (oh, my, does THAT sound familiar re our current plotline!?)
the message of the whole movie seemed to be that life is to be lived and
enjoyed to its fullest.

    Let's never forget that.

    ~~ Eric