<USS Banshee> Re: Sadness of Sunday

  • From: EnsnSaraCrusher@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 01:31:10 EDT

Last Saturday my Mom surprised me by giving me a whole set of DVDs for my
birthday. Each one was a Katherine Hepburn movie. I've spent every morning
then watching at least one. Sunday I had watched the one that hooked me on
this amazing woman in the first place, Bringing up Baby. I first saw this movie
when I was eight, my Gram had just had a by pass
 and I was spending the day with her. We laid in her bed all day watching old
black and whites. That was the day I fell in love with Maureen O'Hare and
Miss Hepburn. I was in awe of what I saw and ate up every movie I could find of
hers to watch. Adam's Rib, Woman of the Year, Guess who's Coming to Dinner,
they all blew me away.

Sunday evening for me is now one of those days where you'll always remember
what you were doing at the very moment in time. I was helping my Aunt and Mom
in the garden. We had the radio on when the news of Miss Hepburn's death came
on. I dropped the lilly pot I was holding. I was just shocked, something seemed
to stop at that moment and when it restarted I was in tears..

We lost something that we'll never have again. An untouchable, unmatchable