<USS Banshee> Comparing Notes

  • From: EnsnSaraCrusher@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 02:17:11 EST

"Comparing Notes"
By Ensign Telsia Ehling and Lt. Sara Crusher

Telsia was sitting at one of the round tables, sipping some hot tea and
enjoying the relaxed setting.  She had originally come here just to be out of
quarters and to have time without Cameron around. She wanted to look over other
peoples ideas for their weddings, and trying to decide if she wished to adopt
any for her wedding with Josh.

Sara walked down the hall towards three forward with her eyes locked on a
padd. She’d been bombarded with messages from her grandmother and figured
Cyanah was still on the bridge she’d take a look over some of the old
Betazoid's plans. She did plan on including some of her family’s traditions,
mostly the
final bonding of her link with Cyanah, but she hated the fact that her
grandmother wanted to plan it all. "I hate carrot cake." She muttered as she
into the lounge.

There was a dress that Tel had a picture of that she absolutely loved, but
wasn't sure how Josh would feel.  In fact, she didn't know how Josh felt about
anything regarding the wedding.  She was puzzling over how to get him involved
and keep her family out of it, when the doors opened.  Turning, she watched as
the Doctor walked in, she seemed to be preoccupied with the PADD in her hand,
so Telsia turned back to her PADD and continued flipping through pictures of

After ordering an Andorian sunrise, Sara made her way towards the tables. Her
eyes still fixed on the padd. She’d just taken a sip from her glass when she
bumped into a table. She looked up from the padd and at the young woman
sitting at the table she’d run into. "Ensign Ehling.. I’m sorry.. I
wasn’t paying
attention." Sara smiled softly as she reached down to pick up a picture that
had fallen off the table. "That’s a beautiful dress, Ensign." She said as she
handed the picture back.

"It's okay," she said softly, taking the picture and putting it with the
rest.  Telsia felt slightly intimidated by Sara Crusher, she knew that Josh had
had a relationship with the doctor at one point and for that simple reason felt
a bit self conscious around her.  "I'm not sure if I like it enough yet or
not.  There are just so many dresses out there, it's hard to pick one."

A bright smile danced across Sara’s face. "Yes I know." Sara looked around at
the padds and pictures on the table and knew right away that she wasn’t the
only one making wedding plans. "Planning a wedding as well I see."

"Yes, Josh proposed to me.  We haven't set a date yet, but I figured it would
be good to start now."  Tel motioned to a chair for Sara to sit in if she so
wished.  "I hear that you're the planning your wedding to Lt. Kaelyre, the
chief scientist right?"

For some reason the idea of Josh getting married stunned Sara. She gratefully
slid into the offered chair as she looked at the young women before her. She’
d known Josh had reconnected with the mother of his son but had no idea he’d
decided to marry her, and now of all times. It took a few moments before Sara
realized that Telsia had said something to her. She nodded once she was sure
what the question was. "Well we’re trying to anyway. It would seem that there
are other parties who feel they should have the honor of planning it for us."

 Laughing lightly, Telsia smiled at Sara.  "I haven't told my family yet of
my engagement and when I do, I'm not letting them or anyone but Josh and I plan
our wedding.  I just don't think I would be happy with it, if someone else
did it."  She took a sip of her tea, trying to think of things to talk about
with this woman.  "Are you guys going to try to go with traditional Betazoid

"We’re going to blend traditions. Hers and mine.. We’ll have something
betazoid but no.. We’re not doing the whole nude betazoid thing." Sara took a
from her glass and then shifted though some of the wedding padds on the
table. "We don’t intend to allow my grandmother to take over.. It’s just
she’s a
very hard headed woman."

Telsia nodded in understanding.  "A lot of my family is like that, one of the
many reasons why I have not told them about Josh and mine impeding wedding."
She paused for a moment, "well, that and the whole ex-husband thing.  I'm not
in the mood to hear it from everyone.  I've been tempted to not tell them
anything and let them find out when I send out the invitations, but that is a
to rude for me to do."  She picked up a cookie from the plate she had sitting
next to her and started to nibble on it.  "It's awesome though, that you are
going to be mixing the traditions, that’s a great idea."

Sara smiled as she ran her finger along the rim of her glass. "Combining our
cultures has always been import to me and Cyanah. She’s never taken for
granted that I’m not totally human. She takes the time to get to know all
parts of
me and she’s open with me about herself. It was one of the biggest issues
between me and." Sara paused. She didn’t know how much Telsia knew about her
with Josh. "most of my other relationships."

 "Do you mean your relationship with Josh?" Tel asked flat out, curious to
know what had happened between the two of them but never having the guts to ask
Josh himself.

Her mouth was suddenly very dry. Sara nodded as she took a large drink of the
orange and red swirling synthehol in her glass. "I didn’t know you knew about
that. About Josh and I being more then friends before."

 Telsia blushed, maybe she shouldn't have brought it up, she didn't want to
alienate one of the first people she could possibly become friends with.
"Well, I don't really know anything outside of knowing that you two had a
relationship before," she shrugged lightly, "Josh doesn't tell and I don't ask,
it's a
bit awkward for us to discuss past relationships."

Sara nodded. "Josh isn’t much of a talker. He feels deeply but he keeps it
all to himself. It was hard not being allowed all the way in with him. I
t handle his walls." Sara flicked the side of her glass and watched as the
orange and red danced inside it. "He wanted more, I just couldn’t. Then
and I happened.. and.. Well.. I’m just glad he’s found someone who can love
and understand him the way he needs."
 Telsia smiled sadly, "I have always loved him and I'm glad we could once
again find each other, I just hope it works out right this time.  No offense to
you, but I am glad that you couldn't go farther with Josh and that your with
Cyanah now, if you had stayed with Josh, I would probably still be married to
that asshole and Josh wouldn't know about Cameron."

"I tried to tell Josh once that what happened.. That my falling in love with
Cyanah and that us not being able to be more then friends was fate. Our lives
were meant for other things and other people." Sara laughed a little. "He
stormed out of my office after telling me it was bull. Guess I could tell him
I told him so."

The smile on Tel's face became more genuine and she let out a little laugh.
"That sounds like him alright but I don't think telling him you told him so
would be such a good idea, you know how he is," she said with a little wink.
"It's great to hear you believe in fate as well though, I don't think enough
people do."

"How could I not?" Sara asked as she laughed. "I mean how could it not be
fate that the things in our lives happen. I’d never be lucky enough on my own
have what and who I have. But your right. More people should believe in it."

 She nodded, "though you have to wonder why something's happen, if it is
fate, why does fate want it to happen?"  Telsia sighed and scratched her head,
"but that's going to deep I know.  So, what have you and Cyanah decided for
wedding so far?"

Again Sara laughed. "Well.. We know we want to wait for Rhi." Sara stopped
herself. She’d gotten to use to calling the Captain by her first name with
Cyanah and Kathryn that it was becoming hard to switch gears with out her
around to
‘remind’ her to. "I mean for Captain Morrigan, and that we want to be
married here because Banshee is our home." Sara laughed again. "And that we
want to me naked. What about you and Josh?"

 "Sounds like you guys have a lot more planned then we do," she said
laughing.  "We have nothing planned, I have a few ideas but Josh and I haven't
able to sit down and discuss it yet, we're still trying to figure out the whole
transfer thing.  But I'm still looking at things and gathering ideas.  Are you
and Cyanah going to both be wearing wedding dresses?"

Sara nodded as she sipped her drink and then put it down. "Still not sure
what we want but we’ll both be in dresses. We have different style tastes."
smiled. "But we have time since we have no idea when the Captain will return
from her assignment."

 "Where is the Captain anyways?" she asked.  Telsia and her ex-husband had
come aboard after Captain Morrigan had left, she sort of hoped she would get to
meet the captain before Josh and her left permanently.

"I have no clue." Sara said with a shrug. "No one tells me anything. All I
know is she had something to do and that she was required else where. She’ll
back though. She has unfinished business here, besides, Banshee is her baby."

"It's gotta be great to have a place that no matter what, you can call home,"
she said smiling.  "I bet you and Cyanah can't wait for the captain to return
so you can get married."

Sara nodded with a smile. "The waiting is getting on my last nerve, but I
wouldn’t dream of getting married with out her." Sara looked away for a
Her gaze fixed out the window. When she remember her life with Rhiannon as
child she also remember all the little girl dreams she had. "Wouldn’t be the
with out her." She said softly as she turned back to Telsia. Then with a laugh
she added. "Looks like you and Josh just might make it down the aisle before
us at this rate."

 Tel laughed back, "I'm not so sure about that but we'll wait and see.  I
think it's awesome though, that you want to wait for the captain, you guys must
have a close friendship."

A warm blush colored Sara’s cheeks when she realized just how much she’d
given up freely during the conversation. She still wasn’t sure how Rhiannon
about people knowing they had a connection. "I guess you could say that."

 "That's cool," Telsia said nodding.  "I think it makes for a strong bond
between Captain and Crew and also helps in building more loyalty.  I have yet
the chance to really establish relationships with anyone yet, to really build
up that loyalty but I'm still hopeful.  The crew seem all so nice and

"The Banshee has a great crew. I guess that’s why everyone who comes here
wants to stay for as long as possible. Even if they’ve been barbequed." A
smile spread across Sara’s lips as she pushed her empty glass out of the way.

Telsia raised her eyebrow slightly at that comment.  "Barbequed?  Interesting
way to put it but your right, it's impossible not to want to stay here."  A
wishful look passed over her face for a moment before it disappeared.  She
looked at the time and was shocked to see just how much time had passed.  "I'm
sorry Doctor, but I need to get going, I promised the woman watching Cameron
I would be back five minutes ago.  You will excuse me?" she asked, gathering
up her PADDs quickly.

Sara looked at her own watch and laughed as she stood. "Of course. I need to
be off as well. I have a date with a redhead who hates to be kept waiting."
Sara picked up her own padd and then smiled. "And please.. Call  me Sara.."

"Alright and I'm Telsia by the way," she said smiling.  She had finally made
a friend on this blasted ship.  "It was great talking with you, I'll see you
around Sara."

Sara nodded with a smile and the watched as the young woman walked out of the
lounge. She thought about what they had talked about and about what it all
meant. She nodded happily and then headed out herself so she could get ready
her evening out with Cyanah.