<USS Banshee> A New Light - Chapter Three

  • From: "Sarah Stewart" <cyanah@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 15:55:52 -0700

"A New Light" - Chapter Three
by Lieutenant Sara Crusher
and Lieutenant JG Cyanah Kaelyre
Cyanah loved to wake up naturally and not to a tactless blaring alarm
clock. It was so much more refreshing to gradually return to
consciousness, especially with a lover sleeping peacefully at your side.
Waking up on the morning after a night of passionate lovemaking was even
more pleasant, and Cyanah took a moment to lie still and watch Sara as
she slept, so serene and relaxed. She leaned over to lightly brush
Sara's lips with her own, one of her favorite ways to awaken or be
awakened by a lover.
The gentle pressure upon her lips was just enough to bring Sara out of
what was the best night's sleep she'd ever had. She slowly opened her
eyes when the lips were removed from her own, hoping it had not all been
a dream.
A smile brightened her face as her eyes focused on Cyanah lying next to
her. It had indeed been real. Sara propped her herself up a bit as she
reached out to brush some hair from in front of Cyanah's face. "Good
morning," she said happily. "Is that how you always wake people up?" she
teased. "`Cause I could get used to that."
"Only those who I let sleep in my bed," Cyanah retorted, smiling. "But
you're welcome to do that anytime you want to."
"Good to know," Sara told her as she sat up, making sure to bring the
blankets with her for some reason. "Because don't think you're going to
get rid of me any time soon."
"I'd be crazy to even try, Sara. What time is it?"
Sara couldn't help but sigh as she looked over Cy towards the clock on
her night table. Morning had come just as she knew it would. Actually,
it had come and gone; it was now early afternoon. "It's a good thing
we're still on leave," she teased as she nodded towards the clock.
"Truly. The captain would barbeque us both for being late if we
weren't." Cyanah rolled out of the bed and stood. "I want to take a
shower. Care to join me? You won't need those blankets, dear. I've seen
every bit of you that there is to see."
Sara blushed a bit as she laughed. "Very true," she pointed out as she
cast the blankets aside. "I would love to join you, even if it's not a
real water shower," she teased as she watched Cyanah make her way
towards the bathroom. She was glad to see that Cy was also unwilling to
let their time together come to an end. Sara could hear the sonic shower
already running as she approached the door. She stopped in the doorway
and watched as Cy got in.
Cyanah closed her eyes and let the sound waves wrap around her, and
though it was nothing compared to the water shower at the spa, it was
invigorating. Her eyes opened again when Sara entered the shower with
her, and she smiled at her new lover. Turning Sara around, she began to
massage her shoulders as the sonic shower cleaned them.
Twenty minutes later, they were sitting at Cyanah's table, clad in white
terrycloth robes, eating a replicated lunch of Caesar salads. "Really?
That was your first time?" Cyanah said, gawking at Sara. She flashed a
sultry smile and added, "You certainly could have fooled me."
Sara had blushed more in the past twelve hours then she had in the past
twelve months, but she didn't mind. "I think I was the only girl in the
dorm back at the Academy who wasn't doing it," she said with a giggle.
Reaching for her coffee cup, she finished, "I just couldn't do it for
the sake of doing it."
"I find that interesting, as it's an attitude not common among my
people. With homosexuality the norm and our resistance to disease, there
really aren't any consequences to promiscuous sex, so we tend not to
make a big deal out of it." Cyanah took a few bites of her salad and
realized the possible implications of what she had said, so she
continued, "I don't mean to imply that last night didn't have meaning to
me, though. Even if Delosians as a society are generally open about sex,
we still attach emotion when we feel it. And I do feel it."
Sara smiled at Cyanah happily. She had known what her love had been
feeling, but it was still nice to hear her say it. "I know that, Cy..."
Sara said as she poked at her salad. "Betazoids have a tendency to
become very sensitive towards their lovers during moments of intimacy."
She relieved her fork of its holdings and then smiled playfully at Cy
across the table. "I guess I should have warned you about that. But I
wasn't sure if it would work for me... and besides, we did do a lot of
talking last night."
Cyanah grinned as she remembered the enhanced intimacy they had shared
because of Sara's empathic ability. That sensation was unlike any Cyanah
had ever felt, since she had no telepathic or empathic talent, and she
had thoroughly enjoyed the sense of sharing her thoughts with Sara
during their lovemaking. "Normally, for me, talking is a vital part of
good sex... but Sara, I had never made love to an empath before... that
enhanced it so much for me. Simply amazing."
Sara felt a great amount of relief, since even with the empathic link
she still worried about how she was. She smiled brightly as found
herself lost in her new favorite place. She liked the fact that they
were close in size and height. It made eye contact much easier and Sara
could spend all day lost in Cyanah's green eyes. "We have a lot to learn
out each other's cultures," she said after taking another bite of her
salad. "That is if you'd want to..." She paused a second. "Josh and I
never talk about stuff like that. Guess he forgets I'm not totally
human." Sara felt a sudden pain. "What in the hell did you being him up
for?" she scolded herself. "He doesn't belong here."
"You'll have to think about him eventually, Sara."
She had forgotten about their lingering telepathic link. Cy had, for
lack of a better word, overheard her thoughts about bringing him up. "I
know." She whispered as she pushed her plate away. "It wouldn't be fair
to any of us to lie." She paused again "Besides, I don't want to lie
about it. He'll be upset, he's going to get very angry..." She stopped
again as she realized just how he would react.
"He'd better not get too upset or he'll have me to deal with. And I
don't think he'd like that." Cyanah smiled, hoping to cheer Sara up
again. "He's just going to have to accept it, Sara."
Sara laughed at the image of Josh 'dealing' with Cyanah. "Ya know...
Normally I'd be more worried about how he would deal with it. And I'm
not saying that I might not still buckle... But for once I want things
to go my way." It was strange for Sara to be thinking like that. But
changes have been put into motion, ones she couldn't and didn't want to
"You have every right to want things to go your way, Sara. And I'll be
here to support you so you can make them go your way." Cyanah reached
across the table and took Sara's hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "We'll
get you through this. I promise."
Sara nodded as Cy's simple touch made everything look alright again. She
smiled at Cyanah and knew what she was saying, what she meant. But
still... "I come to you with this baggage and you're still willing to
have me?" she asked.
"Everyone has baggage, love... some baggage is heavier than others,
though." She gave Sara's hand another squeeze, thinking for a moment.
"Sara... I should tell you this now, so you're not surprised by it
later. You asked why I'm not nervous around Captain Morrigan anymore and
I told you that I had been honest with her. That's true; I was brutally
honest when I kissed her out of nowhere in a turbolift. I thought I was
barbeque, but she came to me later and confessed to having enjoyed it.
She and I have... something. I'm not sure what, though. But I thought
you should know."
Surprise was the first thing to hit Sara as she listened to Cy. The
second was pure panic. And the third came out of nowhere. A confidence
that if what she and Cy shared was meant to be then it would be, and not
even Morrigan would stop it. "Looks like we both have things to deal
with," she said. Suddenly, a flood of questions rushed to mind. The
biggest was if she and the Captain as intimate as they were. But the one
that raced from her lips was, "You kissed the BBQ Queen and you're still
Cyanah laughed and nodded. "We were trapped in the turbolift. I was
getting signals from her that I was reading wrong, so I kissed her. She
was totally cool about it, though, since I flew into a hysterical fit
afterwards. Just don't tell anyone, please. I'm not sure she wants
anyone else to know, but I thought you had a right to."
"I won't say a word. I promise," Sara said as she rubbed the side of
Cy's hand with her thumb. She grinned a bit as she imagined the scene in
the turbolift, which might not have been a good idea, since the more she
thought about it the bigger the twinge of jealousy she felt became.
Remembering the link, this time she quickly put one of her shields up as
she pressed that particular emotion to the back of her mind. But there
were still others to deal with.
She looked at Cy. She had to ask. "What does that mean for us?"
"I can't answer that, since I don't even know what she and I have, Sara.
But... we'll take things as they come. If I have to open my mind to
loving both of you, then I can do that. My feelings for you won't grow
any weaker, though. I promise, no matter what happens. Is that alright
with you?"
Sara thought about it. Cy was going through the same thing she was, only
Cy was closer to the beginning and she was nearing the end. She didn't
like the idea, but only because she had seen the hurt in Tony's eyes and
she didn't want that for herself or for Morrigan. But she wasn't willing
to give up on this, on what she wanted. She had given herself permission
sometime last night while she lied in the dark, just before falling
asleep, to be selfish.
She wanted Cyanah in her life as more then her friend and if sharing her
was how to do that then she would. "I understand, Cyanah... And I'm not
going anywhere. I'll be here as long as you want me to be. I'm not going
to pretend that it'll be easy. But who ever said life was going to be
Cyanah nodded and quipped, "Anyone who says that is selling something."
They both laughed, and Cyanah stood, gently pulling Sara to her feet by
the hand. She wrapped her arms around Sara's back and hugged tightly,
hoping to let her know that all would turn out alright.
Just as she knew it would be the chaos of real life was waiting just
side the door. But they were still on leave, the door was locked, and
Sara had Cyanah all to herself for now. Chaos and the rest of them could
wait until 0800 hours the morning they had to don their uniforms once
again. Sara took Cy's face in her hands just before leaning in to kiss
Stepping back, she smiled widely as she grabbed the knotted belt of
Cyanah's bathrobe. With a mischievous look in her eyes, Sara started
pulling Cy back towards the bedroom.