<USS Atlantis> USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D Sim chatlog 0401.27

  • From: ElRiovtrIdrys@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussatlantis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 05:54:28 EST

Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Eric, guess what..
OnlineHost:     EnsAaron Markus has left the room.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Thanks Jack.. ::smiles::
ElRiov trIdrys:         I dunno, what?
OnlineHost:     EnsAaron Markus has entered the room.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       I got a call today
ElRiov trIdrys:         Evening Dakota, Jack, Aaron, Kiley, Will
EnsAaron Markus:        ::phaser welds himself to the deck plate::
ElRiov trIdrys:         ummmmmmmmmm from .... CHIP???????????
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Yeap:-D
ElRiov trIdrys:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack Leirone:   ::perks eyebrow:: Seems we're missing something.
EnsAaron Markus:        I noticed too, Jack.
ElRiov trIdrys:         What'd she say what'd she say??
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Things are starting to settle down and she;ll be back
soon
ElRiov trIdrys:         good the Raptor and Golden Eagle crews will be very
relieved
to hear that
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Kate is sleeping though the night, she just started back
to work
ElRiov trIdrys:         that's good news.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       She has an out of town guest staying with her but as
soon
as they leave she should have the time to hope back on
ElRiov trIdrys:         ::nodnod:: OK I'll make a note of it.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       didn't get to talk to long. Kate decided to cut the
conversation short
Jack Leirone:   Okay, guys. Now's the time we think of our own scenarios to
possibly fit what these two are talking about.
EnsAaron Markus:        h-o-p, maybe??
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       hop?
OnlineHost:     VAdm Blackthorne has entered the room.
EnsAaron Markus:        Admiral on deck!
ElRiov trIdrys:         Evening Admiral
Jack Leirone:   ::hides::
Jack Leirone:   Oh.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       You just missed the update, Admiral
VAdm Blackthorne:       Hey everyone!
Jack Leirone:   Sorry. Instincts, you know...
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:        I talked to Chip tonight
VAdm Blackthorne:       Yeah?
Kiley Airell:   REally?
VAdm Blackthorne:       Spill it. :)
Kiley Airell:   Yes
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       She's doing great. The baby is wonderful. She just
started
back to work and things are settling down..
VAdm Blackthorne:       Awesome!
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       She has a house guest right now, but she plans on being
back soon
Kiley Airell:   Great!
Jack Leirone:   I get it now.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Good. Can't wait to have her back.
Kiley Airell:   Yeah, would be nice to talk to her again!
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       She said to tell you that she'd still better have her
swidish fish... ::shrugs::
ElRiov trIdrys:         ::blinks::
OnlineHost:     LtDougMcKnight has entered the room.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Hi McKinght
EnsAaron Markus:        ::wonders how ElRiov didn't blink for so long::
ElRiov trIdrys:         Evening Doug
LtDougMcKnight:         Howdy, folks
EnsAaron Markus:        Hello Doug.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Oh, Swedish Fish are in the arm of the XO's chair on
Atlantis, so she's 8)
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       LOL
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       so that would explain the ants
VAdm Blackthorne:       ::laughs::
EnsAaron Markus:        I was wondering about that...
EnsAaron Markus:        Thought maybe it was my pizza soup...
OnlineHost:     CptKetchum has entered the room.
OnlineHost:     CptKetchum has left the room.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ok that still sounds gross
EnsAaron Markus:        ::laughs::
VAdm Blackthorne:       Alright, since we have happy news, let's get started.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       if pizza were meant to be soup it wouldn't come on bread
VAdm Blackthorne:       Attention on deck!
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::AA::
ElRiov trIdrys:         ::AA::
Jack Leirone:   ::AA::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::AA::
Kiley Airell:   ::AA::
WillFMarlowe:   ::AA::
LtDougMcKnight:         ::AA::
OnlineHost:     CptKetchum has entered the room.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Last week we had tracked the crystalline vessel to an
anomaly in space, where the trail ceased.
OnlineHost:     CptKetchum has left the room.
VAdm Blackthorne:       After sending a probe through the anomaly, we started
getting information back that the other side was 10,000 light years away and
in intergalactic space.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Unfortunately, we seemed to  have made someone aware of
our presence, because the anomaly is slowly closing.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Blackthorne isn't about to take the ship through
without a
guaranteed way home, so we're now working on a way to stabilize the anomaly.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Questions?
LtDougMcKnight:         Oh, thank God.
LtDougMcKnight:         No questions.
ElRiov trIdrys:         God > You're welcome ...
ElRiov trIdrys:         O:-)
LtDougMcKnight:         I thougth we were gonna pull a Voyager.
Jack Leirone:   Jesus&gt; Dad, you embarass me sometimes.
LtDougMcKnight:         thought, even
VAdm Blackthorne:       ::laughs::
VAdm Blackthorne:       Blackthorne &gt; Janeway
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Goddess&gt; Will you two shut up and watch the show
LtDougMcKnight:         It never ceased to amaze me that someone didn;t mutiny
and
shoot that witch.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Alright, since there are no questions and we have a
divine
audience....
VAdm Blackthorne:       BEGIN SIM
VAdm Blackthorne:       BEGIN SIM
VAdm Blackthorne:       BEGIN SIM
Jack Leirone:   Holy Ghost&gt; Boo! Boooo!!
Jack Leirone:   ::in Engineering, tapping fingers on the console::
VAdm Blackthorne:       ::on the bridge, watching the anomaly on the
viewscreen::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::sitting at helm/ops trying to figure out how to
stabilize
that anomaly thingy out there::
ElRiov trIdrys:         :::in Medical with T'Nal, doing the usual inventory:::
WillFMarlowe:   ::in sickbay, leaning on a vacant biobed and contemplatively
reading a PADD::
LtDougMcKnight:         ::In security, playing solitaire resolutely::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::at the Sci station on the bridge::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::looks at D and shrugs shoulders::
Kiley Airell:   ::sits on the bridge in the third chair, watching the anomaly
on the viewscreen::
LtDougMcKnight:         ::Mutters::  I don't see what all the fuss is about.
It's
just gonna have something to do with tachyon particles anyway...
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > Hakkie I have an idea for what we can do for our
break ...
LtDougMcKnight:         It's always tachyons.
VAdm Blackthorne:       ::looks back at Ellis:: Making any progress?
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Hmm.. Perhaps a shot or two from the defecter.. Anything
else could maybe make it go kaboom
ElRiov trIdrys:         > Oh? What's that?
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > Great game I learned. It's called Double
Solitaire
Bingo.
ElRiov trIdrys:         > ::grits teeth and rolls eyes:::
Jack Leirone:   ::mutters to self:: That'll complete repairs on the dilithium
matrix...::stands up and exits engineering::
EnsAaron Markus:        What do we set the deflector to emit?
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::looks up:: It might help to freeze the closeing
VAdm Blackthorne:       I want better odds than 'perhaps' and 'might.'
LtDougMcKnight:         ::Checks his watch, sees that his shift is nowhere even
remotely close to ending, and puts his nose back to the grindstone::
VAdm Blackthorne:       We're not about to go blindly shooting energy at things
in
space to see what happens.
LtDougMcKnight:         You know, I'm not even totally sure I know HOW to play
this
game.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::looks at Aaron:: Well seeing as how the things
controling it are made of crystal, I'd say.. Um... crystal elements..
Jack Leirone:   ::enters TL:: Bridge.
EnsAaron Markus:        Hmmm.
Kiley Airell:   ::listens to the suggestions of the people::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::meant to sound snotty not dumb.::
LtDougMcKnight:         (Oh yeah, cuz that's so much better.)
VAdm Blackthorne:       ::thought that sounded dumb::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ( ::smack:: )
VAdm Blackthorne:       &lt;&lt; j/k &gt;&gt;
LtDougMcKnight:         (::duck::)
LtDougMcKnight:         (I fucking hate AIM.)
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       (That's ok.. AIM doesn't like humans so your even)
EnsAaron Markus:        ::raises eyebrow::
Jack Leirone:   ::exits TL onto the bridge, gives a nod::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::turns and looks at console to avoid D's gaze::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       If we projected the deflector to lace something
crystalline with the anomaly I think it'll freeze it open
Jack Leirone:   ::notices Kiley, stops for a moment::
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > Was it something I said Hakkie?
VAdm Blackthorne:       You think?
EnsAaron Markus:        ::hears the TL doors open and looks to see Jack
enter...mumbles to self:: Finally a friendly face...
ElRiov trIdrys:         > Oh ... no, nothing at all.
WillFMarlowe:   ::pockets the PADD and looks up as a crewman with a badly
mottled complexion enters sickbay:: Can I help you?
Kiley Airell:   ::thinks this is definately different then being in sickbay::
VAdm Blackthorne:       I need absolutes. This could cause a diplomatic incident
if things go badly.
Jack Leirone:   ::stops looking at her at Markus's comment:: Never been
described as "friendly," Markus.
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > :::proceeds with inventory but thinks MEN...:::
EnsAaron Markus:        The Lt.'s suggestion does sound valid Admiral.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       I could run it though the computer, Admiral, but by the
time I got you your absolutes.. The anomaly will be closed
VAdm Blackthorne:       Then we will let it close. I will not touch off a
possible
war by doing what may be perceived as an attack on this race's home
territory.
EnsAaron Markus:        ::low to Jack:: Compared to that....::nods head toward
back::
Jack Leirone:   ::sits at engineering::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::shrugs.. thought the act of war would have been
shooting
at it already:: As you wish, Admiral..
Jack Leirone:   ::low to Markus:: Huh.
EnsAaron Markus:        ::shakes head:: Nevermind....
Jack Leirone:   ::keeps finding himself glancing over shoulder at Kiley::
VAdm Blackthorne:       If it closes and they come back, then we'll be ready to
contact them peacefully. If they never come back, then no more harm is done.
EnsAaron Markus:        ::sees Jack glancing at Kiley and puts head back
down...thinking:: None of my business.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       And if they come back with reinforcements?
WillFMarlowe:   Alvarez&gt; I looked like this when I woke up . . . ::his face
is blue and splotchy, and very cold to the touch::
VAdm Blackthorne:       You would rather we charge forward alone into their
territory?
EnsAaron Markus:        We could send more probes to let us know how many and
when
they are coming...
EnsAaron Markus:        Sir...
WillFMarlowe:   Let's have a look at you. ::helps Alvarez to a biobed and
pulls a medcorder out of his smock::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::thinks to self:: Stupid, stupid...don't forget to say
sir...
Jack Leirone:   Nice save.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       They crossed over into ours.. They've even claimed part
of
it
Kiley Airell:   ::looks over at Leirone, smiles and looks to the Admiral::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::turns to argue, then stops and calms himself:: But
they've left...
VAdm Blackthorne:       It looks to me like they ran home.
Jack Leirone:   ::quickly looks away when she glances and rubs hand on back of
neck::
Jack Leirone:   ::thinks:: Damn it.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Now if that thing goes and gets its big brother, we
should
be able to communicate with them by the time they return, right Ellis?
LtDougMcKnight:         ::Plays around with a Chinese finger trap::
EnsAaron Markus:        &lt;&lt;bored, Doug?&gt;&gt;
ElRiov trIdrys:         :::goes over to replicator, gets a couple of iced silk
chais, brings them back to T'Nal, sips at one himself:::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Yes Admiral. I've almost got the program debuged.. It'll
work when they get back
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > :::sips:::
VAdm Blackthorne:       Perhaps then we can avoid further conflict.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::hopes she got past the attack=aflack problem::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::readies a couple more probes just in case::
Kiley Airell:   we might be able to talk to it, but that doesn't mean they
will listen Admiral.
VAdm Blackthorne:       And as for leaving a probe, that would be a diplomatic
faux-paus. Espionage isn't a good way to make First Contact.
EnsAaron Markus:        Aye, sir.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::nods her agreement with Kiley::
VAdm Blackthorne:       Needless to say, if they don't listen, we'll respond
with
necessary force.
WillFMarlowe:   ::scans the crewman:: Your circulation is very poor. ::taps a
few keys:: Horrible, in fact. ::looks up:: But that doesn't explain the
discoloration. Have you eaten anything new lately? Any new health
supplements, alien foods . . .
WillFMarlowe:   . . . that sort of thing?
EnsAaron Markus:        ::unreadies the extra probes::
Jack Leirone:   ::feels a little embarassed and goes to leave the bridge::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::radios the discovery to let them know what the Admiral
has decided::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::knows McKnight will like the &quot;necessary
force&quot;
idea.::
ElRiov trIdrys:         Crewman > ::comes into SB, holding side of face:: Doc
... I
need help. ::limps over to where Idrys and T'Nal are:::
LtDougMcKnight:         (Loves unnecessary force too, but sure, what the hell.
Necessary sounds good.)
VAdm Blackthorne:       Markus, go over the sensor data from just before Ellis's
shot struck their cloaked ship.
ElRiov trIdrys:         > This way and we'll take care of you. Where do you
work,
Mr. ... ahh ... ?
Jack Leirone:   ::enters TL:: Engineering.
EnsAaron Markus:        Aye, sir.  What am I looking for?
WillFMarlowe:   Alvarez&gt; No.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::thinks.. they should have gotten out of the way.. big
dumb crystal ship::
ElRiov trIdrys:         Crewman > ::sitting on biobed:: Sydri. Warrant Officer
Gusnaj Syrdi, Assistant Engineer.
LtDougMcKnight:         ::Gets up from his office, and figures he'd better get
in a
bit of weapons training, just in case the standard issue fare doesn't perform
as well as hoped.::  O'Grady, you have security.  I'll be in holodeck 2 if
anyone needs me.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Anything at all out of the ordinary. Coordinate with
Ellis. If we can find a way to detect them, then we'll have a distinct
advantage.
ElRiov trIdrys:         > ::getting out medical tricorder, scanning him:: All
right
Mr Syrdi, you've got some second degree burns there ... hold still. ::nods at
T'Nal::
WillFMarlowe:   What about other symptoms? Thank you--::to a nurse as she
spreads a blanket over Alvarez::
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > :::gets some instruments out and starts
assisting:::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::brings up the data and looks for &quot;out of the
ordinary&quot;:: Aye, sir...::cringes at the thought of working with Ellis
more...::
ElRiov trIdrys:         > So, Mr. Syrdi, what was happening when you met with
this
accident? Or was it an accident?
LtDougMcKnight:         ::Walks up to holodeck 2, and types away on the key
pad::
Computer, load target practice simulation McKnight 3.
LtDougMcKnight:         Computer&gt; Program loaded.  Proceed when ready.
VAdm Blackthorne:       ACTION&gt; The anomaly closes, vanishing in a puff of
pink
gas.
ElRiov trIdrys:         Syrdi > Ahh just call me Gusnaj. Anyhow I was working on
aligning a field generator. Something went wrong and it didn't exactlty
explode but there was a cascade of sparks.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::notices Markus' reaction and mutters in a vqw:: and I
thought Malory was a pain in the ::louder:: could you send the recorded data
to my terminal Ensign..
WillFMarlowe:   Alvarez&gt; I started feeling this way when we were doing
repair work after the attack. I was assigned to repair team Delta--we had to
repair the hull where it had been breached.
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > ::nods:: You're quite lucky then Gusnaj. Doctor
Idrys is quite skilled at treating burns. ::smiles::
EnsAaron Markus:        Aye....sir.
LtDougMcKnight:         ::Walks in to the holodeck, the door whooshing shut
behind
him::  Computer, load weapon.  TR-116 projectile rifle, assault
configuration, .303 calber magazine.  So sorry, I can't recall what that is
in Frog numbers.
EnsAaron Markus:        ::sends a copy of data to D's terminal::
ElRiov trIdrys:         Syrdi > Hey ... ::looks at T'Nal::: Pardon me but you
seem
to be ...
Jack Leirone:   ::exits TL and goes to Engineering, sits down, smacks
forehead:: Don't do this, damn it.
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > ::blushes:: Yeah I'm expecting all right.
::ACHOO::
Damn I'll have to get some more of ::ACHOO:: that tea soon.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Do we have the information from my flighter's black box
as
well?
VAdm Blackthorne:       Good thinking. Get that.
VAdm Blackthorne:       In fact, get it from all the fighters that were on that
flight.
ElRiov trIdrys:         Syrdi > ::looks at Idrys:: I thought she was Vulcan ...
EnsAaron Markus:        I believe so....::punches up the data and sends it
along::
ElRiov trIdrys:         > A fouth Bajoran, too ... ::winks:::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::makes sure to get all the fighters' data::
Jack Leirone:   Ariel&gt; ::enters engineering:: Mr. Leirone?
Jack Leirone:   Jack.
Jack Leirone:   Ariel&gt; Jack...are we still on for tonight?
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::sends a note to the crewmen in the fughter bay.. sees
Markus already doing it and gives him an evil look::
Jack Leirone:   No. ::turns back::
WillFMarlowe:   ::slides a vial of blue liquid into a hypospray and presses
the instrument to Alvarez' arm, then thumbs the release:: This should help
with blood flow.
EnsAaron Markus:        ::doesn't notice the look::
VAdm Blackthorne:       ::notes the animosity between Ellis and Markus::
ElRiov trIdrys:         > :::finishes up, sets to work with dermal
regenerator:::
All right we're done. And just make sure you take all proper safety
precautions down there all right?
Jack Leirone:   Ariel&gt; ::goes to speak but stops, and suddenly realizes she
should leave::
Jack Leirone:   ::thinking:: It's for her good.
ElRiov trIdrys:         Syrdi > ::nods:: OK Doc. Thanks a lot. ::exits sickbay::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::reads over her black box info and cross checks it with
the ship's scans::
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > You know Hakkie he looked vaguely familiar ...
WillFMarlowe:   You should warm up after a while. The discoloration worries
me--it might be some sort of reaction to an infection of some sort.
ElRiov trIdrys:         > Oh? Why do you say that?
EnsAaron Markus:        ::basically does the same thing D is doing::
WillFMarlowe:   Computer, activate a level two quarantine field around biobed
three.
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > ::shrug:: Oh I dunno ... I'll have to ask that
Morrigan character some time ... looked almost like her Counselor. Creepy.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Hmm..
EnsAaron Markus:        There was slight power drop just before....hmmm.  I
wonder....::cross checks with the fighters' data::
WillFMarlowe:   ::steps beyond the bounds of the field as it snaps into
place::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::starts looking at the other figter's info::
WillFMarlowe:   Alvarez&gt; It's that serious?
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       power drop?
ElRiov trIdrys:         > ::w:: Not the BarBQue Queen's shrink ... ::shakes
head::
Nooooooooooooo ...
EnsAaron Markus:        It's here too....but where is the power being routed to?
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       I didn't read any power drop when I was in the
fighter..
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > ::heading back to inventory:: :::ACHOO::: Ya
never
know. ::pauses and orders some hot tea, sips at it:::
EnsAaron Markus:        Yes...if you look here at time index 512....it's very
slight...but it occurs at the exact same time in all readings...
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       (LOL.. Eric, you do know Banshee is like not in the same
time line we are right?.. lol)
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( and when did that stop any of us from having fun? ;) )
EnsAaron Markus:        Normally a drop like this is overlooked as a minor
glitch
or sunspot or interference...but not at the same time on all sensors...
VAdm Blackthorne:       ::takes his seat and listens to the conversation::
WillFMarlowe:   You'll probably be in there for only a few hours. I just want
to run some tests, see what's going on. I think a dose of antibiotics will
take care of everything, but I want to be sure it isn't dangerous.
Jack Leirone:   ::heads for quarters::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::looks at the info:: So your saying that the ship might
have caused the drain?
Kiley Airell:   ::Looks over to the Admiral::
Jack Leirone:   ::enters, talking to self:: Just need to grab something...
LtDougMcKnight:         ::Starts firing away at holographic targets that appear
in
his path as he makes his way through a holodeck mockup of the ship's
corridors, readjusting to the feel of a weapon with appreciable recoil::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Ok, so when the lights start to flicker then we'll know
we
have company.. ::rolls eyes::
Jack Leirone:   ::hears chime for private channel::
EnsAaron Markus:        I'm not sure yet...I can't determine where it's coming
from...
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > ::picks up vial, looks at it:: What do they keep
this stuff here for?
Jack Leirone:   Yeah?
Jack Leirone:   ::in Jack's head:: Mr. A&gt; ...lest you be too distracted...
VAdm Blackthorne:       ::looks back at the Counselor::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::notices the eyeroll and decides to ignore...the job is
too important to bother with that now::
ElRiov trIdrys:         > Hmm ... oh methylyne blue ... yeah basically does
nothing
except when you pee you get the feeling you're Bolian or Andorian. I save it
for some practical jokes. Standard stuff on all starships ... except Vulcan
ones where they
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       I don't see a drain on the ship's scans.. Why would the
fighter have it and not the ship?
ElRiov trIdrys:         ain't got no time for humor. ::grins::
WillFMarlowe:   ::drops a few instruments into a tray and slides on a breather
mask:: So how bad was the breach, anyway?
EnsAaron Markus:        I'm not sure...maybe the ship wasn't close enough.
Jack Leirone:   ::in reality:: Dad&gt; Jack?
Jack Leirone:   ::sighs:: Dad.
Kiley Airell:   This is definately new experience.  I'm not used to knowing
the action.
EnsAaron Markus:        It WAS a low drain...
ElRiov trIdrys:         T'Nal > ::mutters:: Sure am glad I wasn't raised by
Vulcans
myself. I'd have been Ms. Ice otherwise.
VAdm Blackthorne:       ::half smiles:: You get a little detached down in
sickbay.
Jack Leirone:   Dad&gt; Is this a bad time?
Jack Leirone:   I'm at work, Dad. On a Starship. It's ALWAYS a bad time.
Kiley Airell:   ::Nods::Yeah.
EnsAaron Markus:        I'm gonna look for something else and put the drain
aside
for a bit.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Did I say it wasn't? I'm just trying to think around the
problem here, Ensign..
EnsAaron Markus:        ::begins to look for anything else::
Jack Leirone:   Dad&gt; I'll leave you alone, then. Just wanted to say I miss
you and I love you and I'm proud of you. Mom would be too.
Jack Leirone:   Besides the whole second family thing. Yeah.
WillFMarlowe:   Alvarez&gt; ::obviously a little unnerved as Marlowe enters
the quarantined area and begins taking blood samples:: Uh, pretty bad.
Whatever it was, it tore us up pretty badly. My team had three shifts--about
fifteen hours total.
Jack Leirone:   Dad&gt; She still hasn't tried to contact you, has shee?
EnsAaron Markus:        ::looks up:: Oh I meant no disrespect, sir...I'm
sorry...::goes back to work::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::watched her screen::
Jack Leirone:   She barely knows I exist, Dad.
Jack Leirone:   I pretty much popped out and she packed her bags.
Jack Leirone:   Dad&gt; I was there, Jack.
Jack Leirone:   Then shut up.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Well now here's something.. During your power drain
there
was a flux in the sheilding of the fighters and the ship.. As if something
were.. bounced.. off them..
WillFMarlowe:   I'm glad to hear they've implemented those new regulations on
zero-G repair work.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Harmonics. See if it was similar to the trail they left.
Jack Leirone:   Dad&gt; Okay. I'll call you back at a better time. ::closes
channel::
EnsAaron Markus:        It would cause the power to go to where &quot;it&quot;
was
bounced and cause a drain on the rest.......
WillFMarlowe:   ::frowns:: Crewman . . .
WillFMarlowe:   Alvarez&gt; Call me Ismael.
EnsAaron Markus:        But at the same time....in all those different
locations...what could it be?
Jack Leirone:   Damn it. ::walks quickly to bridge::
WillFMarlowe:   Your temperature has to have dropped several degrees since
you've been in here. ::Scans::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::shakes head:: I don't know, maybe I'm
wrong...::stares at
data, perplexed::
Jack Leirone:   ::enters from TL, sits down at engineering, this time blatanly
staring at Kiley::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::nods:: I does seem to match, Admiral..
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Not perfectly.. it's more spread out.. but it's close..
OnlineHost:     MajorAZinthys has entered the room.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Perhaps like a sudden bass hit from a speaker?
LtDougMcKnight:         (Evening, Zinthys.)
VAdm Blackthorne:       (( Hello, Major! ))
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( Hi Major )
EnsAaron Markus:        So now we have to figure out what &quot;it&quot; was....
MajorAZinthys:  &lt;&lt;Evening&gt;&gt;
Kiley Airell:   ((Hey there Zinthys))
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::nods:: Yes, Sir.. Excatly..
MajorAZinthys:  &lt;&lt;Got stuck at work. Sorry.&gt;&gt;
WillFMarlowe:   Nurse, another blanket.
MajorAZinthys:  &lt;&lt;...and I have the worst case of the
hiccups...&gt;&gt;
ElRiov trIdrys:         (( try holding your breath and slooooooowly sip a glass
of
water, works like a charm )
WillFMarlowe:   Alvarez&gt; I don't feel cold . . .
Kiley Airell:   ::looks over her shoulder at Leirone, wondering what's up::
Jack Leirone:   ((I gotta go. Real life calls.))
EnsAaron Markus:        &lt;&lt;later, Jack&gt;&gt;
MajorAZinthys:  &lt;&lt;problem is, I got the hiccups from drinking water.
More won't help&gt;&gt;
Kiley Airell:   ((night Jack))
Jack Leirone:   ((Later, guys))
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( later Jack )
Kiley Airell:   ((LOL))
OnlineHost:     Jack Leirone has left the room.
EnsAaron Markus:        I need to focus.  ::seems to be getting frustrated::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Hmm.. I wonder..
EnsAaron Markus:        ::puts hand on head as if dizzy, then steadies::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::takes a deep breath::
VAdm Blackthorne:       Ensign, are you alright?
Kiley Airell:   ::looks over at Markus, stands up::
WillFMarlowe:   ::throws the blanket over Alvarez:: Just a second. ::leaves
the quarantine area and removes his gloves and breather mask:: Meirill, get
the orthopedic therapy tank ready. Heat setting 3.
EnsAaron Markus:        Ok so if it's sound, but......::looks up:: Oh yes sir,
I'm
fine...::gets dizzy and goes to his knees::
VAdm Blackthorne:       Get him to sickbay.
Kiley Airell:   ::moves over to Markus:: I'll take him.
EnsAaron Markus:        But, I'm fine....::trails off::
Kiley Airell:   ::helps him stand up:: You may be fine, but you're going to
sickbay.
EnsAaron Markus:        ::stands and nods::
WillFMarlowe:   Computer, expand quarantine field around biobed one to
accomodate orthopedic therapy tank.
Kiley Airell:   ::walks with him to the TL:: Has this happened before?
WillFMarlowe:   Meirill&gt; ::pulls on a pair of gloves and a breather and
rolls the tank into position next to the biobed::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::watches Kiley and Aaron with real concern in her
eyes::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::takes a breath:: Only when I concentrate really hard
and
haven't meditated...
Kiley Airell:   And what has happened those times?
VAdm Blackthorne:       Ellis, how long before your torpedo hit was the
powerdrain
and the harmonic impact?
WillFMarlowe:   ::puts on a new pair of gloves and a breather and helps
Alvarez disrobe and enter the tank; only Alvarez' head and neck are visible
as the tank seals shut and water flows in::
EnsAaron Markus:        I either pass out or calm down, either way I
meditate...::tries to smile::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::looks:: around three mins afterwards, Sir
VAdm Blackthorne:       After your torpedo strike?
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       yes sir
Kiley Airell:   ::smiles, exits the TL and heads towards sickbay:: Have you
ever seen a doctor about this?
EnsAaron Markus:        No...My grandmother usually helped me out...She's
almost as
good as a doctor.
MajorAZinthys:  ::Throws another PADD on the stack in the security office::
EnsAaron Markus:        It hasn't been this bad since finals at the Academy.
VAdm Blackthorne:       By that time wer were in battle.
Kiley Airell:   Well, I assure you that the officers in sickbay are of the
best calibur.  Hopefully they can help you, maybe even help you prevent it.
Kiley Airell:   ::enters sickbay::
ElRiov trIdrys:         ::looks over, sees Airell and Markus:: What have you got
here?
EnsAaron Markus:        ::shudders as he enters SB:: I hate these places...
WillFMarlowe:   How's that feel?
Kiley Airell:   He started to pass out on the Bridge.
EnsAaron Markus:        I just got a little dizzy.  It'll pass....
WillFMarlowe:   Alvarez&gt; Fine. I don't know.
Kiley Airell:   He's has these spells before.
ElRiov trIdrys:         Let's get you over to this biobed, Ensign. Dizziness or
not,
I have to examine you.
ElRiov trIdrys:         Before? Why weren't we notified?
EnsAaron Markus:        Look it's nothing...I just haven't been able to meditate
lately...I'll be fine...really...
WillFMarlowe:   Wemblei&gt; Doctor, the blood analysis is finished.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Yes Sir..
Kiley Airell:   Trust me, don't argue.  You'll get out of here quicker ensign.
VAdm Blackthorne:       So that doesn't help us at all then.
ElRiov trIdrys:         Meditate? Will someone tell me what this is all about?
::begins getting tricorder out, scans:::
VAdm Blackthorne:       By that time, they were decloaked.
WillFMarlowe:   ::to Meirill and Alvarez:: Excuse me.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       It seems to over lap with their first strike and they're
commaction..
EnsAaron Markus:        ::mock salutes and lays on the biobed::
Kiley Airell:   He says if he concentrates too hard and hasn't meditated, he
gets dizzy.
ElRiov trIdrys:         I see ... :::continues scan:::
WillFMarlowe:   ::exits the quarantine area and again removes the gloves and
mask:: What did you find?
EnsAaron Markus:        &lt;&lt;I'm a quarter Vulcan, by the way&gt;&gt;
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( ah )
EnsAaron Markus:        &lt;&lt;hence the meditation&gt;&gt;
WillFMarlowe:   Wemblei&gt; . . . Something strange.
Kiley Airell:   (( Hey, so am I ))
VAdm Blackthorne:       Perhaps we can find something about their cloaking
technology from that.
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( and I am half Romulan and T'Nal is 3/4 Vulcan and 1/4
Bajoran. Yippee yie yay )
WillFMarlowe:   ::arches a brow and looks at the monitor connected to the
sample analyzer::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       ::nods:: If it is from them decloaking then we should be
able to detect the same harmonics.. It'll give us a few extra seconds
WillFMarlowe:   &lt;&lt;Since when did the Vulcans start to get
around?&gt;&gt;
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( beats the hell outa me )
MajorAZinthys:  &lt;&lt;Spock.&gt;&gt;
EnsAaron Markus:        &lt;&lt;since spock's days&gt;&gt;
LtDougMcKnight:         (I'm a full blood monkey man, and proud of it.  Bunch of
alien freaks.)
VAdm Blackthorne:       That would at least let us get our shields up and
perhaps
fire a shot or two at their general vicinity.
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( we got a pointy ears party here in sickbay )
VAdm Blackthorne:       &lt;&lt; Lotta mutts on this ship &gt;&gt;
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       (When they saw they could do more with human hair?)
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( ROFLMDAO !!! )
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       (lots of Bajorans hanging out around here too..lol)
WillFMarlowe:   That's not an infection. It's got to be some kind of mutation.
MajorAZinthys:  ::Wishes like hell he had stayed caught up with all these
reports::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       Every little bit will help, sir
ElRiov trIdrys:         :::puts tricorder down::: Well you at least appear to
be all
right from this scan. You say this happens when you don't meditate or
concentrate too hard?
VAdm Blackthorne:       &lt;&lt; Well, those damn Bajorans are like flie, you
just
can't get rid of them &gt;&gt;
EnsAaron Markus:        &lt;&lt;like the Admiral said 'lotta mutts'&gt;&gt;
ElRiov trIdrys:         ( Bajorans can be cool as Chip knows )
LtDougMcKnight:         (Yeah, well I'm still partial to humans.)
VAdm Blackthorne:       &lt;&lt; OMGTEHPROPHETSOHNOES HALP A CARDASSIAN RUNNN!!!
&gt;
EnsAaron Markus:        Well both actually.
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       (LOL.. Yeap Chip leaves to have her baby and I step in
fill in the winkled nose department)
MajorAZinthys:  &lt;&lt;ROTFLMAO&gt;&gt;
WillFMarlowe:   ::scowls thoughtfully, leaning an elbow on the console and
tapping his index finger to his lips::
VAdm Blackthorne:       PAUSE SIM
VAdm Blackthorne:       PAUSE SIM
VAdm Blackthorne:       PAUSE SIM
ElRiov trIdrys:         :::desuaP:::
Kiley Airell:   ::paused::
WillFMarlowe:   ::paused::
EnsAaron Markus:        ::paused::
Lt  jg  D  Ellis:       pasued
VAdm Blackthorne:       Nice job, all.
VAdm Blackthorne:       Tune in next week for the next chapter!
VAdm Blackthorne:       Major?
MajorAZinthys:  Crew. Dismissed!!
ElRiov trIdrys:         niters folks
Kiley Airell:   night all