<USS Atlantis> New Mailstring Policy - READ!

  • From: "RAdm A.C. Zuriyev" <aczuriyev@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussatlantis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:16:37 -0800

Crew,

    In light of recent and past mailstring confusion, I have decided to handle
the mailstring for this ship using a listserv. The site that is hosting this is
//www.freelists.org/ and they have several customizeable flags for each
list. This list is closed, meaning that only Commander Dolan and I can
subscribe and unsubscribe members, so if you need to change your email address
for the sim, please let us know so that we can change it in the list. Also,
only members of the list can post to the list, so make sure to use the proper
email address when you are sending to the list.

    So, from now on, send all string-wide email to ussatlantis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and you will ALWAYS have the correct mailstring. This should make it easier on
everyone. Also, so that everyone still has everyone else's individual email
address, we will continue to send out the mailstring to the crew. This way,
over time, individual email addresses will not be forgotten for when it is
necessary to contact just one person about something.

    I hope this makes things easier on everyone! Remember,
ussatlantis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx from now!

Rear Admiral A.C. Zuriyev
CO, C3F, USS Atlantis, NCC-1021-D
"Come let us sail the boundless sea..."