[USS Athena] T'Shana cha'AAnikh

  • From: T'Shana Tubed <antediluvian2370@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS Athena <ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:15:15 -0700 (PDT)

T'Shana cha'AAnikh

The computer screen flickers on to reveal the flawless face of a woman with
straight brows and long dark hair. At first glance, she looks Vulcan, due to
the lack of forehead ridges, though her skin tone is olive colored and her
features softer, not as sharp. Her luscious, full lips draw up into a broad
smile, revealing a set of perfect, white teeth. Her dark brown eyes twinkle
mischievously, as she begins speaking to the computer.

"Hello.... or perhaps I better say, Jolan'tru."

She chuckles softly, tucking on her uniform dress a bit.

"My name is T'Shana cha'AAnikh. I'm a doctor of Engineering and also hold
several degrees in other Sciences. I'm the newest addition to the USS Athena's
crew, and according to some, the most troublesome as well. Com..Erei'Riov Ronov
seems to believe that I must be watched with eagle's eyes. My 'presence on
board is suspect', as he put it. And Captain Mergahn isn't far from that
opinion as well."

She sighs, rubbing her forehead lightly.

"It's been a bit of an adjustment, being surrounded by all these Romulans...
uhm... Rihannsu. I keep saying the wrong things, doing the wrong things, and
asking the wrong things... according to some on this ship. But I'm not the type
of person that can hold their tongue when I see such stupidity as this
segregation in the mess hall for example. I know my actions have been
interpreted as being rebellious by some, but I'm not about to support this
childishness. My mother raised me to be open and honest, to embrace all sort of
people and species. I say what I mean, and mean what I say... well, for the
most part. I have to admit, this whole situation with being out here, the
Romulan colony, and the unfortunate events bringing me out into the
Beta-Quadrant have left me to resort to deception... something I'm capable of,
but don't prefer."

She shifts slightly, looking down to her feet for a moment, then back into the
screen.

"I'm not proud of it. But how would I explain it all and not have the Captain
kick me off the ship? It was hard enough for me to find out that I'm not half
Vulcan, but half Romulan... Rihannsu. Then, having to deal with that pompous
ass of a Governor on the colony... I was being tested in more ways than I care
to reveal. It still leaves me wondering if my newfound ancestry is a curse or a
blessing. In some ways, it frees me from the years of worries of not living up
to the normal Vulcan behavior, the capability of controlling one's emotions. In
other ways, it makes me unsure of what to expect, especially being surrounded
by Rihannsu. I would like to find out more about them and their culture, first
hand, but so far I have found that most of them are rather pig headed... then
again, I seem to have that trait as well. Perhaps it's just underscoring my
true heritage."

She pauses for a long moment, clearly thinking. A soft smile spread over her
face once again.

"I suppose I should embrace this new adventure. Aside from me keeping my birth
name and true background secret from everyone, I am looking forward to getting
my hands dirty and start my first duty shift as an Engineer. I had to adjust
the standard uniform some to reflect my style, but I think it turned out well."

She poses a bit to show of the uniform dress, giving a slight wink.

"So, wish me luck. I'm out to take on the galaxy..."

 "Knowledge becomes wisdom only after it has been put to practical use."