On 22 February 2018 at 09:11, Ran Shalit <ranshalit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is is possible to use usbproxy with vision camera ?
I've used it with a webcam, but I'm not sure what you mean by "vision
I mean there is a usb standard of usb3.0 vision camera like the following:
Can it be used with the rate of the video packets (5Gbit/sec).
No, it can't support anywhere near this rate.
I would please like to tell you what I am trying to do, and will be
happy to hear what tips you can give me:
I am trying to do some sort mitm, but not sniffer, much simpler.
If the usual configuration is:
host ---- camera
I need to do
host ----- embedded board----------------another PC
Now the embedded board only forward messages (not sniffing) , for example:
1. playback data messages are forward from "another PC" to host (in
this case embedded should look like gadget for the host)
2. record data is forward from camera to "another PC" (and also to host)
3. control is forward from "another PC" to camera.
1. Do you think the best should be to write it as new (not based on
similar project? Is there something to be based on ?) , using libusb
and gadgetfs ?
2. Do you think it can work with such rates (5Gb/s), (the hardware isusb3.0)
Any other tips are also highly appreciated,
Thanks for the time and for the very interesting USB3Proxy project.,
Does it use DMA ?