[usbproxy] USBProxy: relay a HUB

  • From: "Y. Zhang" <ygz999@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dominic Spill <dominicgs@xxxxxxxxx>, "usbproxy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <usbproxy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 11:41:02 -0700

I'd like some information/advice on relaying a HUB device. Currently the
USBProxy has hub excluded. When I include HUB and try to relay a 4-port HUB
on beaglebone black, the first few messages are relayed and responded:
- (USB) GET DESCRIPTOR Request DEVICE
- (USB) GET DESCRIPTOR Request CONFIGURATION
- (USB) SET CONFIGURATION Request
- (USBHUB) GET_DESCRIPTOR Request
However, the following messages afterwards are not:
- (USBHUB) GET_STATUS Request [Port 1]
- (USBHUB) GET_STATUS Request [Port 2]
- (USBHUB) GET_STATUS Request [Port 3]
- (USBHUB) GET_STATUS Request [Port 4]
- (USBHUB) CLEAR_FEATURE Request [Port 1: PORT_POWER]
- (USBHUB) CLEAR_FEATURE Request [Port 2: PORT_POWER]
- (USBHUB) CLEAR_FEATURE Request [Port 3: PORT_POWER]
- (USBHUB) CLEAR_FEATURE Request [Port 4: PORT_POWER]
Attached is the USBpcap from my test made on the host, where packets 10-30
are between the host and USBProxy.

I wonder if the unresponded requests will reach gadgetFS of USBProxy at
all. If not,
1- how would one update gadgetFS to have such requests forwarded to
UBSProxy?
2. when (1) becomes possible, what need be addressed to have further
messages relayed between gadgetFS and the HUB device (via libUSB), such
that the gadgetFS forwards all downstream messages to USBProxy and then to
HUB device (libUSB), which would further broadcast requests to any other
devices inserted into the HUB and relay messages from such device back to
gadgetFS (eventually back to host)?

Any comments are greatly appreciated!!!

Gordon