[usbca_chess] Invitation to the December-January World Chess Parlor Tournament, a Free Almost-Over-The-Board Tournament! You May Use Skype or Freechess.org

  • From: "Jim Slagle" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jamesrslagle" for DMARC)
  • To: <odeville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tournoiskype@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Slagle <jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 11:37:52 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 10/3/15, Jim Slagle <jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Subject: Invitation to the October-November World Chess Parlor Tournament, a
Free Almost-Over-The-Board Tournament! You May Use Skype or Freechess.org
To: odeville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tournoiskype@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Usbca_chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, peeps-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
braillechess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sabca-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 11:07 PM

Hi Chess Lovers,

Viral Trivedi is the Tournament Director.
His address is Viral2382@xxxxxxxxx.

Hi Chess Lovers,

The Tournament Director is George de Nobrega.
His address is florindo@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

You are invited to play in the December-January World Chess
Parlor Swiss Tournament.
All are welcome to play.
You arrange to play your games at a time and
date

convenient to you.
We can work around your schedule, even if you are
going to
be unavailable durng the tournament for a week or
so.
It is a 5 roud swiss stylle tournament.
A game usually lass a couple of hours.
You may request an receive a half point bye in Round
1.
The full rules wil be e-mailed with Round 1
pairings.
To enter this free tournament, simply e-mail ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or George de Nobrega by Wednesday at 11 A.M. EST, which is 16:00
UTC or GMT.
Include your Skype ID, if you have one.
State whether you can play only on Skype, not in the
Chess Parlor.
Optionally, include your phone numbers.
If you cannot play in the for-the-people.com Chess
Parlor chat room, you
can play using Skype or freechess.org.

State whether you want to be put on the "permanent"
llist.
This means that you will be automatically included
in future swiss
tournaments, unless you opt out.
So far, the "permanent" list is Vijay Karia, yves Le Brun, Jim
Thoune, Marcos Antonio Segura Lozano, Mark Hague, Pankaj Bendre, Viral
Trivedi, Curtis, Leonardo Carrera, and Jim Slagle.

Also you are invited to attend our World Chess
Parlor Club Meeting on Saturday in the Chess Parlor
at
for-the-people.com at 11:30 A.M. Eastern Time, 16:30
GMT or UTC.
evrything is free!
We can tell you how you can get free chess lessons,
even if you have never played this great game.
f you have any chess questions or would like to
arrange a game, please attend the meeting.
Our voice chat room "over-the-board" Chess Parlor
Tournament and Ladder Tournament and other things
will be discussed.
Our tournaments are free and open to all, including
beginners.
You are welcome to listen to any of our games in the
chess Parlor.
A game is played in a couple of hours.
It is voice-chat over-the-board chess.
It is not correspondence chess or email chess.
You will need to plug a microphone into your
computer.

A microphone cost less than ten dollars.

P.S. For-the-people.com is a set of voice chat
rooms.
It is free.
To register for for-the-people, go to the web site,
for-the-people.com, and follow the directions.
If you have a problem in registering or in entering
the Chess Parlor room, et cetera, email FTP-TechTeam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

After you have been accepted by for-the-people.com,
subscribe to ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
go to the for-the-people.com home page, and follow
the
e-mail list link.

Keep checking,
Jim Slagle