[usbca_chess] Chess Group Survey - Please Take a Moment To Review

  • From: "J Thoune" <hazelnutt2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <usbca_chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <skype-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Aaron Kriegel'" <harav1@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Alan Dicey'" <adicey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Alvin'" <ablazik@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Catherine'" <cath.farthouat@xxxxxxx>, "'Charles'" <wee1sman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Datta Bhandari'" <dbhandari12345@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Greg Mason'" <gregmason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Harrison'" <harrytu3@xxxxxxxxx>, "'JDog'" <jturner522@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Jim Homme'" <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>, "'KnightRider'" <adatewithmate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mark Hague'" <mark.hague.mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Matthew Gibbons'" <matthew.gibbons12@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Nene Clayton'" <este05@xxxxxxx>, "'nezha Mouannis'" <yamora_ange@xxxxxxxx>, "'Randy Kruzeniski'" <randy.k59@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Rebecca Blaevott'" <amrywoddyddiauheulog@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Richard Dinger'" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Shawn Sheridan'" <stages177@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 17:20:47 -0500

Hi All,

First, my appologies to all those who have been double- tripple- and
quadruple-pinged by this mailing. The simple fact is, there are many who
belong to more than one list, and there is no comprehensive list of chess
players who are active any of these lists. Now, down to business.

Would you do me the service of replying to a very short survey? And I do
mean SHORT!

In case any of you don't already know, I offer a moderately low-level chess
class, aimed particularly at helping beginning and intermediate players
improve their game. The class is free. It meets on the out-of-sight.net
website in the Chess Castle chatroom. The current meeting time is Thursday
at 10:30 AM EDT. I aim to limit the class to 2.5 hours max. There is no
prerequisite except that you know the moves well enough to follow along and
benefit from the discussion. Each class is pretty self-contained, so there
is no commitment to attend regularly. So here's my question, and it is a
multiple choice, so just choose whichever best describes your circumstance:

a. I am more likely to attend a class meeting on Wednesday at 10:30 AM EDT;

b. I am more likely to attend a class meeting on Thursday at 10:30 AM EDT;

c. I am unlikely to attend either session;

d. I would like more information about the class.

And that's it! Oh, one more thing, if you should happen to know someone who
might not be on any of these lists and who might be interested, would you
please pass the word.

To save on bandwidth and list traffic, please respond to my personal email
which is:

Hazelnutt2001@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks! And have a fine weekend!

Jim Thoune