[usbca_chess] Re: Anyone got any tips for analysing games with winboard?

  • From: Jim <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usbca_chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 11:45:38 -0500

Hi Mark,
In the documentation folder is a set of Word documents. I remember
reading about analysis in one of the documents. I am sorry to say that
I'm unsure whhich document contains the information. My memory tells
me that the information applies to one of the engines supplied with
the program.

Thanks.

Jim

On 12/20/15, Mark R Hague <Mark.hague.list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,
does anyone have any tips for analysing the moves in a pgn game score with
winboard. Basically I'd like to step through the moves of a game and
identify the best ranked 5 moves at at any point in the game and the
calculated pawn value of the game with each of the ranked moves. It would
also be nice to have the predicted variations for any of the ranked moves
but this isn't so vital. I can do this in Fritz but wondered if it might be
a whole lot easier to do this in winboard.
Any tips appreciated.
kind regards,
Mark.

---