[UHNA] Re: Graffitti in University Heights

  • From: "Judy Ashton" <bigash@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <david.pepper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:07:22 -0400

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

Donna,

I'd like to add that a possible reason crime has somewhat subsided in our
area is that John Ashton, owner of the Riddle Road Market, has hired a
detail police officer at night to keep the neighborhood safe. As you may
have heard, The Market has been robbed twice at gun point. He also has a
vested interest in keeping our community safe, as well as his employees. I'd
also like to add that this expense is more costly than his monthly store
rent. John has built a good rapport with his customer base, who often call
him when suspicious activity occurs. John has been commended for going the
extra mile for this neighborhood, in keeping the criminal element aware that
police are in the neighborhood, and that we are all watching!  The best way
the neighborhood can show their appreciation for this hard-working
businessman is to patronize the store! I believe the neighborhood does
benefit from having a uniformed Cincinnati Police officer right in the
neighborhood! It's nice that we all stick together! We, too, have lived here
a long time. And we certainly appreciate the safety efforts of the
neighborhood association.

Judy Ashton