[UHNA] Re: FW: MARCH MULCH MADNESS on 3/30!!!

  • From: "Pyne-Geithman, Gail \(pynegj\)" <pynegj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:03:52 -0400

Some of the "tree lawns" , like mine and some others nearby, have plants
in them, spring bulbs etc. Mulching on March 30th would kill the
crocuses, and  the grassy surround of the pear tree outside my house is
slightly raised relative to the sidewalk, and on a slight incline, so
the mulch would just wash across the driveway at the first rain.

I take care of this patch according to the season, and I let the laves
from fall accumulate and compost in situ, so the tree gets natural leaf
mulch every year. I would prefer it if my tree-lawn were let alone, as I
am enjoying the crocuses!

thanks,

Gail (630 Riddle)

PS Hi Rob (Neel)! I hear from  you more here than I see you at work!

Gail Pyne-Geithman, D.Phil.

Research Assistant Professor,

Department of Neurology, University of CIncinnati,

3125 Eden Avenue, 2324 Vontz,

Cincinnati, OH 45267-0536

Tel.  +1 513 558 7358

Fax. +1 513 558 7009