[UHNA] Calhoun area construction

  • From: <jaymecsonka@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: monica.rimai@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:47:22 -0400

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

Ms. Rimai,

I have been informed of recent cutbacks on payments for projects in the Calhoun
area. This is of MAJOR concern to me as a student enrolled and employed at the
University of Cincinnati and an inhabitant of Clifton Heights.

If there is a failure to complete the Calhoun area projects in a timely manner
(or at all), this continues to the detriment of our neighborhood. Since the
construction has began, Calhoun has been what many people describe as a "war
zone."  Not only is the area a huge eyesore, but it is also unsafe. Since
construction has began, I've been told of acquaintances being mugged at ATM's,
robbed, often at gunpoint, of possessions such as wallets, laptops, and even
cars. This is unexcusable! The disgusting site (albeit in transition) that is
Calhoun has become a breeding ground for crime. This must stop, and the most
ideal solution is to finish promised construction projects in a timely manner.
It is nice to know our neighborhood is attempting to beautify itself, but the
delays have gone on long enough.

Please work to switch financial priorities to help keep our neighborhood safe!

Thank you for your time,
Jayme Csonka