[ubuntu-l10n-it] Re: Help Translate ubuntu-docs

  • From: Matthew East <mdke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos.perello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jordi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:25:19 +0100

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 14:42 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> The Ubuntu Documentation Team has produced a couple of documents for
> Ubuntu Breezy Badger which will be released in October. We would be
> delighted if you would help to translate these documents into your
> languages, which can be found at the following URL:
>
> https://launchpad.net/products/ubuntu-doc/+translations

Dear all,

Thanks very much indeed for your efforts in translating these documents,
the response has been fantastic! However, we have recently discovered
some problems with one of the .pot files, in the Ubuntu FAQ Guide, which
many of you may already have noticed. This may be due to a bug in the
tools we have used to create the pot file (gnome-doc-utils). While we
are resolving this issue, I would ask for translation to stop on the
faqguide. I hope that it will be resolved quickly so that we can
continue to translate this document. I will post again when the problem
has been resolved.

If we succeed in resolving the issue, before uploading a new pot, I will
make sure that I take a backup of all of the po files containing the
translations that have already been done, that way I hope that the risk
of losing any translations can be minimised.

Thank you for your patience, and apologies for this problem.

yours,

--
Matthew East
mdke@xxxxxxxxxx