[uae] Re: uae Digest V6 #24

  • From: Richard Rayner <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 16:27:53 +0200

heh, after that last load of crap i'm unsubscribing too. i only signed up while i was trying to get that IPF build for the mac working, and it was no help either, got it done on my own in the end.

the amount of crap being spewed out here is amazing, its like steve jobs sold someones wife to steve ballmer, and only loving unix makes the pain go away.

On 3 Aug 2009, at 13:43, Toni Wilen wrote:

<there was lots of crap here>

This only proves my decision was right, to do everything alone, do not talk, do not care about others and let the product do the talking.

It seems too many people can only talk lot, act like an expert but do absolutely nothing. (seems to be very common in Amiga circles for some reason).

I am seriously considering to unsubscribe this list. I don't have any reason being here anyway, feeling like an outsider as usual and not just because of my choice of OS.

Try proving me wrong. Any OS wars/politics talk -> instant total failure.

Anyway, back to serious stuff. I have finally solved (after weeks of staring at logic analyzer screens) nearly all A500 cycle exact problems and now 99.9% of demos work perfectly. (Agnus DMA sequencing including blitter is now 100% correct), CPU timing is also nearly perfect but getting it 100% right is really slow task.

(Prove me wrong part 2: "who cares about A500 or scene demos AND even if someone cares, you are doing it wrong")

I also removed all kinds of my own crap that was simply wrong and cleanup up the main custom chipset code. It should be much more easier to merge now, also comments added here and there.

One big problem still remaining is already mentioned regstruct stuff in cpu emulation. (and getting exactly 5 cycle delay after copper write to BPLCON0 without making code too much unreadable and slow..)