[uae] Re: uae Digest V5 #83

  • From: Manuel Alfayate <gaula88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:40:58 +0000

Hello there!

I am using the last public version of E-UAE for MAC OSX, running on both
10.4.11(PPC) and 10.5.x(Intel) machines, and I am having some serious trouble
here: I am also using OpenGL accelerated graphics, cycle-exact emulation,
v-sync on, perfect sound settings...but I can't get perfect sound & video at
the same time!-If I set a refresh rate of 50HZ, I DO get perfect scroll in
demos/games, smooth as silk, but sound has gasps that can't be fixed by
increasing the sound buffer. I think it's because 50Hz is not enough to fill in
every "sound frame", so to say, and the sound chips needs a veery little higher
refresh rate.-If I seg a refresh rate of 50.169Hz, I get perfect sound, with no
gasps at all (sound emulation in e-uae is truly awesome), but video seems to
skip ocassional frames, once every few seconds. I think PAL refresh rates
expected by the chipset is no 50HZ, but a bit higher. I've tried A LOT of
values between 50.0Hz and 50.169Hz, with no luck: some of the values give gasps
in sound, and other give skippy framerate, some steps away from the perfect
smooth graphics of the real Amiga.Of course, those problems are for chipset
games/demos: no complains about Picasso96 desktop system.With NTSC chipset
emulation, and refresh rates of 60-60.3Hz, I have the same issues: lower values
tend to give me smooth graphics and sound gasps, while higher ones give perfect
sound and ocassional frameskip.Can you give me some advice here, pleae? I know
you guys know you amigas very well and must know what video modes can be set
and used in e-uae for perfect sound/graphics sync, if it can be done at all (I
have my doubts).PD: I can set any custom video mode with SwitchResX, a Mac OSX
tool. FrameSkippping is off in e-uae, etc...Configuration generated with the
latest HI-TORO, and verified by myself.The "native" resolution of
720x576@50-60Hz seems to work in my monitor, with the problems I mentioned. Of
course; I've tried disabling cycle-exact emulation, etc... It's a refresh rate
related problem.I need help from a person with good visual perception and
knowledge about screen modes/refresh rates.
¡Accede al correo desde el móvil! ¿Qué opinas?
http://vivelive.com/encuesta/