[uae] Re: uae Digest V4 #123

  • From: Manuel Alfayate <gaula88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:20:42 +0000

I am VERY happy to see Xamiga beta released, Amir!
I have dreamed about an embedded Linux system for emulating Amiga with minimum
resource need for the undelying system, and Xamiga suits my ideas very well.
In the other hand, I got SDL working on the framebuffer with directfb on
powerpc architecture Mac mini G4) and compiled E-uae for sdl backend, with a
rather little Gentoo kernel (around 4MB): I told you this  before, but I was
VERY dissapointed with the SDL backed wince it WON'D DO propper Vsync or
tripple buffering, so I get VERY ugly amiga scrolling. Is there a new backend
so we can archieve smooth graphis with EUAE on Linux port? I think E-UEA should
get this feature, since WinUAE has smooth graphics and even refresh rate
control.

Thanks!