[uae] Re: puae 2.0.2

  • From: Fabien Meghazi <agr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 22:47:50 +0100

> FTP Username: mustafa[AT]slated.org
> Password: mustafa
> FTP Server: uae.code.slated.org
> FTP Server Port: 21
> Quota: 100 MB

Oh no ! Please, for security sake don't do that !
You're giving the access on a public mailing list. You allow anyone to
change the files and insert any malware in the code.

We're all waiting for Mustafa to use github but it seems he has other
priorities for the moment.
I guess he will soon find some time to invest in a more convenient way
to allow collaboration on this project.
Meanwhile, he needs a quick fast no brainer way to put his releases
online and optionally check md5.

Even if ftp is not secure, I would be more comfortable if you change
the password and send it to Mustafa only.

If you can add Options Indexes for the setup of
http://uae.code.slated.org/ so it make the folder browsable, I guess
it will be quicker for Mustafa, so he just have to upload and refresh
the url to get the link. People will have quick access to older
releases.

Please, Keith, forgive my paranoid.

--
Fabien Meghazi