[uae] Re: patched file to support different virtual/physical screensize

  • From: "Antonio Vargas" <windenntw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:51:10 +0100

On 17 Dec 2006 17:08:27 +0100, romek41@xxxxxxxxxx <romek41@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> sdl.scale = 1/2/3/4/...   # manual integer scaling factor

I don't think it's a good idea - sometimes the Amiga resolution changes. It can
be different in Workbench (Picasso), different after launching some legacy
application (Amos), different during game intro and while gameplay... Why (in
case of LCD panel) not just resize the whole amiga screen (640x256, 640x512,
etc.) to the LCD native resolution (1024x768, 1280x1024)?

Anyway, thanks for the patch - I didnt have time to test it, but I will
certainly check it soon :)

I've been today working a bit more on the patch, now it has config
options instead of hardcoded values, and also tested it to work on a
1440x900 intel imac 17" plus my usual 1280x1028 ppc powermac. So, I
think the patch is in good shape to get more wide testing...

a snippet of my current configfile is:

sdl.use_gl=true
sdl.use_autoscale=true
sdl.autoscale_square=true
sdl.autoscale_width=1280
sdl.autoscale_height=1024
sdl.handscale_x=1
sdl.handscale_y=1

so basically use_autoscale=true forces try-to-fill-the-screen
behaviour while use_autoscale=false will work with the handscale
mode... this manual mode is more intented so that you can make a
specific config for a specific demo/game.

Also I finally detected what was causing my vertical blur... 640x480
was being upgraded to 1280x960 which my LCD advertised as supported to
SDL... stopping SDL from using any of the detected resolutions and
only using the configured one managed to run it ok... so now in
fullscreenmode I just force the screen to the configured resolution,
scale as far as possible and then just leave a black border around the
screen if it's not possible to fill without blur...

--
Greetz, Antonio Vargas aka winden of network

http://network.amigascne.org/
windNOenSPAMntw@xxxxxxxxx
thesameasabove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Every day, every year