[uae] Re: no more sound in .29wip3

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 00:12:52 -0500

Hi Dexter

On Thursday 01 February 2007 17:58, Dexter Filmore wrote:
> Tried a precompiled package and compiled froms rc myself, Slackware 11,
> 2.6.17.9, sound is SB live! EMU10k1.
> 0.8.28 worked.
> Starting uae I get:
>
> Couldn't open audio: Fragment size must be a power of two
> Sound driver unavailable: Sound output disabled
>
> I don't know what to make of this.
>
> Pointers?

That's interesting.

The problem, I assume, is that E-UAE is trying to use a sound buffer that's
not a power of 2 in size, and your audio driver doesn't like that.

Can you tell me how you configured E-UAE. Did you specify --with-alsa for ALSA
sound output or --with-sdl-sound for SDL sound output? If you omitted these,
then it defaults to OSS sound.