[uae] Re: is the new rtg.library for winUAE also usable for UAE?

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:14:23 -0500

Hi Karl

On Monday 14 June 2004 09:53 am, Karl Dietrich Bamler wrote:
> Some days ago a new WinUAE was released and it containes a new improved
> version of rtg.library for picasso.
>
> they say that this lib speeds up some picasso drawing functions for WinUAE.
>
> I tryed the new rtg.library on my Linux UAE setup and it seems to work
> without any flaws, but i am not shure.

Does it seem faster to you? ;-)

> What i like to know: is this Lib desingned for Windows and does it work on
> Linux UAE just for accident? Or does the improvements also have an speed
> effect on the Linux UAE version as well?

I don't know - I haven't tried it myself. I expect it will work.

The previous WinUAE version of rtg.library works on UAE on other platforms
(and in fact cured a problem with P96 and the JIT which was causing mouse
pointer trails to be left on screen).

BTW, if you are using latest the version from CVS then you already have a
bunch of P96 improvements and optimizations. I fixed loads of bugs (including
broken 32-bit modes on big-endian platforms) and the bug that was causing
Installer V43 to crash UAE. Going by what P96Speed tells me, when using SDL
there is speed improvements across the board and notably 3x faster RectFills
and 3x faster Draws.