[uae] installing howto.

  • From: weasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 01:34:35 +0100

Hello,

Last week I decided to try out EUAE on linux since my other computers video
card died (with AmigaXL).
So far it is working quite well with some minor problems.
Since the documentation is somewhat short i also documented how i did it. with
info from this list and some other pages.
It is here: http://www.weasels.demon.nl/indexuae.html
(the page works best with firefox and uses css).
It may help someone trying to set this up.

The problems i have are:
Serial.  I know this isn't working (yet) but i want to use a drawing tablet
with Photogenics and Arteffect as i did with AmigaXL. I have been busy today
and yesterday trying to get it to work with linux but the little information
i could find doesn't seem to work with newer versions of x.org. Does anyone
here use one and if it works under linux does/should it also work in Amiga
with pressure support?

2 Save state
In the config i tried
unix.savestate_path=/home/weasel/test.uss
(among other things)
but it doesnt actually saves anything. the console says:
savestate name skipped ''
with F12 + numpad (anything)
but also with F12 + shift. <- this is something with key mapping?
(maybe because i only tried this when workbench was running?)

3 hardfiles
when i created the hardfiles i sort of randomly changed numbers around until i
got what i wanted. so the numbers aren't really important?

I will add more to the page as i go along with setting all the progams up.
What do you think of the page so far? any errors or things i did wrong?

Regards
"Weasel"