[uae] Re: e-uae-0.8.28 with graphics target x11 crashes. Effect of SHM.

  • From: "Peter Volkov (pva)" <pva@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:28:58 +0400

On ÐÑÐ, 2006-06-14 at 01:43 -0400, Richard Drummond wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 June 2006 16:29, Peter Volkov (pva) wrote:
> > In short. Program compiled with graphics target "x11" crashes each time
> > I "reset" or "unpause" emulator. And easy solution is to disable shared
> > memory in configuration file (x11.use_mitshm=false).
>
> Ah yes. This was a bug in the E-UAE's x11 driver. It has since been fixed.
>
> If you don't mind building yourself, grab the lastest source code snapshot
> from:
> http://rcdrummond.net/uae/test/20060505/e-uae-0.8.29-CVS.tar.bz2

Native method of installing packages in Gentoo is building from sources.
And ebuilds are the scripts that describe how to build packages. Thus do
not have problems to build CVS sources.

But I'd like to add new stable version of package in gentoo tree of
ebuilds. To do this I need to be sure, that it works. At least for me :)
Thus is it hard to backport patch for this bug on version 0.8.28? Thank
you.

> I'm working on the ALSA driver right now, and I think I got it sussed. ;-)

Great. IMO alsa is the only valid way to output sounds in Linux. :)

Peter.