[uae] e-uae on gentoo

  • From: Jochen Becher <jochen_becher@xxxxxx>
  • To: UAE <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:38:50 +0100

Hi,

I installed a minimal version of gentoo (not so minimal as the
installation guide because I want to have gcc and other tools around). I
emerged SDL using DirectFB (no X). It works using Amiga native modes but
switching to Picasso modes immeditly breaks e-uae.

I emerged version e-uae-0.9.29_pre20070317 and installed picasso from
AmigaOS 3.9 CD Rom (I used that one many times before to install an
AmigaOS with e-uae, SDL and X11 and never had such problems).

I wonder that e-uae prints different output if I start it as root or as
unprivileged user. There is no special error message besides the last
line: "Caught illegal access to 00000000 at eip=00000000" (Using JIT).

Any idea or do I have to debug it by myself?

Regards, Jochen