[uae] Re: compiling 8.29-WIP2 source code OS X

  • From: "Demon Hell" <demonhell_@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:53:25 +0000

On Mo, 12 Jun 2006, Rich Eaton wrote:

Yes, you need:
 A> a slight bit of patience
 B> One PARTICULAR SDL library installed (binaries/headers.)

Reason I say this is that if you do not have that particular SDL library, it will break. (Which is what I'm fighting at the moment.)

Dunno if it's of any help, but I also ran into SDL problems when trying to compile E-UAE on OSX.
After a bit of googling, several forums mentioned similar problems with libSDL and the latest version of QuickTime.
After going back to QuickTime 7.0.1 (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/7991) it compiled without a hitch.

Or maybe it was the chicken sacrifice and naked compile dance ritual that did the trick?

Jeff