[uae] Re: bsdsocket emu issue

  • From: SukkoPera <useless@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:48:23 +0200

hi again :)

Alle 18:41, lunedì 13 settembre 2004, Richard Drummond ha scritto:
> Has Ibrowse begun to load the page when it segfaults - or are you just
> typing in a URL and it crashes. Have you tried any other network apps?
i have tried some network apps, including ibrowse, aweb, amftp and stricq, and
they all crash as soon as they try network access.

> Have you got gdb on your system? If you've got an unstripped binary, it
> would be useful if you could tell me the function where the fault occurs.
here we go:
FS: mounted virtual unit DH0
FS: mounted virtual unit DH1
FS: mounted virtual unit DH2
Resolution: 800 x 600 x 16
TOD_HACK re-initialized CIATOD=0001F3

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 15442)]
0x405a7b41 in __errno_location () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) info stack
#0  0x405a7b41 in __errno_location () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x405da354 in vfprintf () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0x08106da0 in write_log_standard ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.

0x4054cb82 in __pthread_sighandler () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
(gdb) c
Continuing.
Cannot find user-level thread for LWP 15442: generic error
(gdb) c
Continuing.
Cannot find thread 16384: generic error
(gdb)

isn't that weird?

> Do you have the #define DEBUG_BSDSOCKET macro uncommented at in the
> src/bsdsocket-posix-new.c file? That may produce some useful debug output.
yes, i didn't change anything in the sources, so it's uncommented. it doesn't
seem to help though :/.

i'm going to try the old bsdsock code now, i'll keep you posted.
--
Giorgio
------------ Slackware GNU/Linux 10.0 user -------------