[uae] Re: YAM works with new bsdsocket emu

  • From: Karl Dietrich Bamler <amiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:02:29 +0100

Am 14.06.04 schrieb Richard Drummond:

> Did you configure with the --bsdsock-new option? That is, are you using
> the new bsdsocket emulation or the updated old one? If you are using the
> new one, can you tell me what system you are running on (particularly
> kernel and glibc version).

Yes, i configured with --bsdsock-new option. My System is a Mandrake10
official with the 2.6.3-13mdk kernel. I have no idea how to get the version
number of my glibc in Linux. On AmigaOS i would know how to get a version
string, but Linux is still new to me. The package program says that i have a
rpm package called glibc-devel-2.3.3-10mdk installed.

>> Everything works fine so far and also IBrowse works better now.

> There's still a problem with IBrowse crashing intermittently on start-up.
> This is nothing to do with the bsdsocket emulation, however. It appears to
> be a bug in the virtual filesystem.

Yes i experienced that too. After i have set the ibrowse cache to a small
hardfile IBrowse works OK for me.

Also YAM has a problem with virtual filesystem, from time to time YAM
forgets its Message flags (red or not read, sent, marked as important and so
on).

Gruss
--
kadi